Thursday 4 September 2008

Yoga Workouts


I have to be frank. When I 1st used the Rosin it didn't seem to work so I just put it aside.(so explains the 3 stars) I decided to leave a message on the Aurorae Support line with my problem. I sweat a lot and was really hoping this would help and was a bit upset. No matter what mat I've bought I've always had slipping issues. Then to my surprise the owner himself (Dennis)called me himself within 20 minutes.

He was sincerely concerned and wanted to make sure I was using this new product correctly. I told him that all I was doing was wiping my hands with it as I perspired. He explained in detail how the rosin works and what I need to do to get best results. Dennis told me that I 1st need to take the rosin and hit it on the mat where my hands and feet go. This will also loosen up the rosin in the bag and create the powder needed to put on my hands and feet. He also told me to use a towel to make sure I wipe the sweat off my hands and feet before applying the rosin. This would give me best results. Sure enough I did what he said and WOW what a difference. The Rosin has no smell and is not sticky as he explained and I should not be afraid to use it since it was made from trees and stone. Natural products.

It also wipes right off when I clean my mat with the water and fresh lemon. I can't tell you how great it is now once I started using the rosin correctly. I can now hold my poses and I'm able to have a secure grip. Dennis also explained to me that the more I used my mat and the more I washed it, as per his yogi tips, the mat would break in and slip less and less with use.



What can I say it was a tough start but this kind of customer service doesn't seem to exist anymore and to have the owner of the company call and show show much concern all I can say is thanks you. Aurorae Yoga Slip Free Rosin Bag. Stop Slipping on your Yoga Mat, Odor Free and Non Sticky. Made in USA.

I am very impressed with not only the rosin bag itself, but also with the level of customer service I received from Aurorae. About 4 months ago I ordered a Manduka mat from Amazon. I was very excited about the mat, as I had heard great things and it has been my only big yoga-related purchase. When I got the mat, I was VERY disappointed. I couldn't believe how slippery it was. It was irritating and unpleasant to even try to practice on it! After viewing Amazon's return policy, I realized that I couldn't return the mat, and my only option was to try to find a solution to the slipping. I tried everything. And I do mean everything-- washing the mat, physically wearing in the mat, applying various solutions to the mat, special yoga socks/gloves, non-yoga related fitness socks/gloves, towels, prayer.... By the end of it, I was agitated and had far surpassed my budget for yoga supplies. And worst of all, my practice had suffered. I was stressed about my practice, which defeats the purpose!



Honestly, I stumbled upon the rosin bag. I couldn't be happier that I did! I read the reviews about the bag, so when I received it, I had very high expectations-- and I wasn't disappointed! It works. I don't know what else to say besides it really works. I bounced it around in my hands, slapped the bag on my feet, patted the solution around the areas where my hands/feet go, and I was back to focusing on my meditation and form instead of on how badly I was sliding around. Besides the fact that it works, the best part about the rosin bag is that it is a cheap solution to a problem with which so many people deal. I wish I had found the rosin bag before spending sooo much money on other supplies that didn't even work. The rosin bag is also small (about 3.5 x 2 inches)-- I set the bag at the top corner of my mat in case I needed to reapply, and it didn't get in the way at all. I reapplied once during my hour-long practice (just a little to my hands), but if you put plenty of the solution on your mat, you don't need to reapply at all (Note: I perspire on my hands, but I was not dripping sweat). For some wonderful reason, it adheres very well to my Manduka mat, so I was able to get a firm grip where I had applied the powder.



I'm too ecstatic that it works to be critical, but for the sake of other shoppers, I will say one thing: I have a black mat, and the solution is a white powder. The solution is visible on the mat, and on hands and feet. The powder, however, does not feel messy-- it is smooth on my hands and feet, like baby powder. I wore black leggings the other day, and when I did tree pose, it left a little bit of powder on my pants-- but, like baby powder, I was able to dust it right off. SMALL price to pay, and in my opinion, can also be seen as an advantage: because I can see the powder on my mat, I know where to place hands/feet to get a good grip.



With regard to the customer service: I was impressed by the other reviews I read about receiving calls and whatnot from the President of Aurorae. I also received a very helpful email after receiving my order. The email gave tips on using the product/not slipping in general. Very nice touch. IMO, the biggest benefit a company can offer is great customer service. The economy is not in the best place, and people have fewer reasons to buy. Customer service can make or break a company. In this case, Aurorae has acquired a new loyal customer. I will certainly try other Aurorae products, and with peace of mind, because I know I will be taken care of. Thanks, Aurorae!



Lastly, I know this review has been enthusiastic, but I've been very honest, so don't dismiss! I would like to know one thing: I practice almost every day; how long is the rosin bag supposed to last?

All new yoga mats have some slipping and it depends on your body chemistry, the oils in the mat as well as in your body. Sweating will create slipping. This is the only company that has ever done anything about helping out.

Just get the rosin and stop slipping.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Yoga Workouts Yoga Workouts Yoga Workouts