Tuesday 2 September 2008

Mac Power Adapter - apple, mac power adapter


First of all, this AC adapter is a knockoff--it isn't a real Mac adapter, the cord is only several feet long, and there is no light to let you know whether it is charging. However, at $20, none of that seems like a big deal.



Here's the real problem: This AC adapter broke (i.e. began sparking at the plug, breaking apart, and failing to power my computer) within two weeks of normal use. I had several computer-technician friends take a look at it, and all pronounced it to be a scam item. Basically, it's made so poorly that it only works for a short time before malfunctioning. This charger looks like it's a deal--but it is literally a waste of $20. AC Adapter Power Supply Charger for Apple MAC PowerBook iBook G4 A1021 65W (Replacement Laptop AC Adapter)

This item became SO HOT within 5 minutes of use, I called the vendor who pushed me to Amazon, Amazon pontificated & babbled on..

Finally I was able to Return the Item & eventually get a Refund..Took far to long..

This was the second item that I had to return with issues within the last month - previously a Wireless Router advertised as New was either a refurb or a RMA..Stopped working in about 5 days...Sadly I will not use Amazon Again.......

This charger states that it is a 65 watt charger, which it is not. It only delivers 45 watts, which is enough to run the computer but not enough to charge the battery. When I tried to contact the seller I got no reply whatsoever.



I would not buy this charger, the price is too good to be true.

So i purchased this charger from amazon about 3 weeks ago first day when i received the charger looked like a nice piece . Took it out the package connected it and it seemed to charge but took quite a while to charge my lap top . By the end of the night i went to connect the charger again when my battery went low seen a flash with in the charger and that was it . After that night the same day i received it the charger did not work . Returned last week hope to have a refund . You get what you pay for .

I am undecided about the quality of the product. I ordered it as a replacement for my 8 year old daughter's Macbook. She had it less than a month, and it is (the pin broke off) already broken. Since I bought it for an 8 year old use, I am not sure if it was the user, or the product that caused it to break so soon. The shipping turn around was really quick, so I will order one more time before I rule this vendor out.

It arrived on time. It took 20 days to get here, but it still made it on time. When I opened the package it was not the pictured item, but a generic version of it. It works like crap, and the power cable stated to break after 5 days of use. I am very disappointed with this purchase.

The quality of the materials and construction of this power cord reflect the inexpensive price. However it is functional and that's what I needed! For me it's been working great, does what I need it to do. Definitely looks and feels a lot cheaper than the Mac version, but it gets the job done just as well. I'm happy with it. - Apple - Power Adapter - Apple Adapter - Mac Power Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Mac Power Adapter - apple, mac power adapter apple Mac Power Adapter - apple, mac power adapter