Tuesday 2 September 2008

Dress Watches - watches, sport watch


I received this watch from my family for my 36th birthday, and I love the looks of it! I've never had a watch that you could see all of the inner workings, and the self-winding mechanism is extremely cool! However, I have some concerns about the quality. After about 5 days of wear, I noticed water condensation under the crystal. Having not gotten it any wetter than would happen while washing hands or doing dishes, I exchanged it at the department store where I purchased it. The second watch also developed condensation under the crystal within a week of wear! Needless to say i was quite disappointed. I have sent an email to customer service and hope to come to a speedy resolution. I am hoping that the St. Louis area just received a bad batch of this model watch and they can send me a replacement.



Edit 7/25/11: Relic/Fossil sent me a pre-paid envelope and I shipped the watch to their repair center, and received it back a few weeks later. I've now been wearing the watch regularly for a few weeks and so far, no water has re-appeared. Upgrading my review to 4 stars from 3. I'll be sure to post back if the water problem re-occurs! RELIC Gunmetal Stainless Steel Automatic Watch

This watch is stunning. It's casing looks tough, and the gunmetal is a great color and is very unique. But the mechanical center really steals the show and makes it so amazing. I literally would just stare at it for long periods of time. However, it's not out of place at either a formal occasion or one that's decidedly not. Also, both sides are see through, so you can see the small mechanical parts moving from the front or back when it's not on your wrist. I've been wearing it for a while now and it hasn't been scratched or stopped working in any way. Also, ond the back of the watch it says 165 feet water resistant, though I haven't trusted it enough to try it out.Finally, one note of concern is that it slightly squeaks when I move my wrist too much, though I plan to lube it a little with WD-40. This only started happening when I removed a few links.



This is a great watch that is well worth the $90. It definately looks more expensive. - Dress Watches - Watches - Skeleton Watch - Sport Watch'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dress Watches - watches, sport watch watches Dress Watches - watches, sport watch