Monday 24 October 2011

Pasta Sauce - extra, olive oils


We try to use olive oil for as many purposes as possible because of the health benefits. The best olive oils are first pressed/cold pressed because there is less processing involved and the oil has higher levels of the good stuff, plus it is generally of a lighter nature with a less pungent taste.



The latter is particularly important when you are cooking for picky little kids. And it's one of the reasons we use Bertolli's extra-light. This extra-light oil is nearly tasteless. HOW TASTELESS? I use it all the time in cake recipes. It absolutely makes no difference to the taste.



Pam T



Olive oil is a key part of my kitchen supplies. We cook with it, use it in salads, and use it in many recipes. Normally, I prefer extra virgin olive oil. Healthy for one; it has some taste to it.



However, there is also a role for extra light olive oil. For one thing, its lack of taste makes it palatable for people who may find extra virgin olive oil not to be to their taste. Second (and this is a bit exotic), this is one of the approaches to the so-called "Shangri-la" Diet. I tried that diet once, and lost about 10 pounds--and have kept most of that off since then (A long story, but the Atkins diet helped me shed 20 pounds, much of which came back--I tried Shangri-la to retain some of the gains from Atkins--and it worked!).



Anyhow, while I prefer Extra virgin olive oil (and I do like the Bertolli brand), this Extra light has a useful role to play.

I don t know what to think about this oil right now. The oil in the last 2 bottles I bought is cloudy. The first one was slightly cloudy but it didn't bother me The second one is more cloudy. The cloudiness is constant It is not a question of temperature. I have kept several bottles of oil in the same location for yrs and I have never seen this happened Smell and taste don t seem to be affected. What is the reason?

The Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil, Super Value Size, 51-Ounce Bottle is a nice product. There are definitely some considerations though.



First of all, make sure you are getting the proper oil for your needs and recipes. I only got this light olive oil because it was called for by a recipe I had to make a lot of. Nine times out of ten I very much prefer the Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Super Value Size, 51-Ounce Bottle. This light one doesn't have nearly as much flavor, especially for salads or simple recipes where you are really tasting the oil.



Also, keep in mind that olive oil is generally more healthy than other oils.



The other thing to keep in mind is the price. This is one of those products where it really pays to subscribe. It's on the expensive side anyway, but subscribing makes it more bearable.



This is a staple that gets used quickly, so even though it's a nice sized bottle don't be afraid to subscribe!



Enjoy! - Olive Oil - Olive Oils - Extra - Oils - Italian - Microwave'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information