Monday 24 October 2011

Apple Ipad


It's not an Ipad, or a Xoom, or A Galaxy Tab, but it doesn't pretend to be. It came from China (seems to be where you go for an "almost-like-the -original" without the price). This tablet is great for the $200 I paid for it.



The box states that it is a Mobile Internet Device, and supports the following:



E-reader: Came with The Holy Bible gratis. Easy to use/flip pages. Slightly customizable, (a few typeface sizes, 4 typefaces, flip style)



Wi-Fi: No problems finding networks quickly. Took a few tries to connect and stay that way, but once it did it stayed connected at max strength to my home Network. Have held it by every side and never lost connection. YouTube and other Android compatible streaming sites are just fine, too.



Movie & Music player: Yes. But use headphones if you want good sound on either. I can't really see myself using this for music, I've got an old iPod for that. The resolution is in fact 1024x600, so videos display pretty well.



Touch screen: Probably my biggest gripe. It seems slow to respond, and sometime needs a longer or firmer touch to recognize; and sometimes just a brushed fingertip will select or scroll your page. I read with my fingers, so it's an issue for me (But that's just me and my own problem). Overall, the screen is pretty responsive, and suits my non power-user needs.



Easy link to App Store: Ugh. A pain. Although, the SlideME Marketplace does have a 'sort by' function that pretty is detailed, but I recommend only using the 'Search' function. Or the menu button in the upper right to gain access to the 'Top Rated' and other buttons. That could definitely use some work.



Again, the box states that it is a Mobile Internet Device. Don't expect the world from it, just part of it.



/thumbsup Sylvania SYTAB10MT 10-Inch Magni Tablet (Black)

I was more than happy to receive this Tablet with Android 2.1 and wait for Sylvania's update but this product actually came to me preloaded with Android 2.2!!!!



Also, for a resistive screen, it's very responsive- as close to capacitive as I've seen with out it actually being so.



I've already started downloading Apps and its been responding very well.



For the money, this is a great buy!

I have been researching tablets since before X-mas 2010. This market has exploded. I find that the "tablet pc" market is like the wild, wild west right now.



This is a "decent tablet" for anyone learning about Android operating systems. It's not a high-end tablet that I would consider future-proof, but is good for the basic's.



My real concern is the support. The model number is SYTAB10MT. However, my device says it's SYNET10LP. DigitalGadgets (The real name of manufacturer and support) does'nt even list it as a product on their website.



Also, as a previous reviewer noted, it said update availible, only took about 7 minutes, said "wrong wrap".



This is like any low-end tablet. Android is so new and the custom ROM's out there are so far ahead of the manufacturer's OS, it's hard to gauge.



You get what you pay for. I'm not spending $500 on any tablet. For $200, it works.



It is a (basically) Flytouch II. If your intrested research that, I was going to "Flash" it with a custom ROM...but I'll wait a bit to see if "DG" provides support in the next week or so.



I have'nt decided yet as this is "First Impressions" but I might RMA it and buy the GTAB...and flash it...lol.



NOTES: It's 256mb ram.

No Flash support (from what I can tell)

No manufacturer support. (I will give them the benefit of the doubt as I think they're new at this).

Seems to be sturdy, decent build quality.

Has the ports you might want in a tablet.

Not a "speed demon" but can download Apps from Amazon and others OK.

Don't know about Music or Video but the speakers are'nt Great.

Screen is OK after you get used to it, and I have no nails, pudgy fingers.



In summary..I returned the Archos 7 ht v.1 and doubled my investment in this tablet. Really like the bigger screen, but much less portable. This is a decent product for the price. But like anything electronic, better is just around the corner, at a higher price.



3.5 stars conditionally



Feel free to post comments, I'll check them and respond if I can for the next 2 weeks or so.....

This is a rebranded Gome Flytouch II with a modified outer casing and certified for import into the US. The "Android 2.2" that this tablet is supposed to have (and which you will find does not unwrap for this product if you try to do a system update) isn't a full version as this tablet only has 256MB memory (I believe full Froyo requires 512MB). My suggestion is not to fool around with the firmware too much and don't try to update the system as I am not aware of an available restore image (I am willing to be corrected if someone can actually get the system update to work)



The specifications listed at Amazon and other sites are actually for Sylvania's 7" tablet (and even those aren't accurate), not for the 10" tablet. The actual specifications for this tablet are:



* Arm 11, 1GHz (the iPhone2G used an ARM 11 at 400MHz for comparison; this is the previous generation ARM but is perfectly competent, and fast enough for this tablet

* 10.1" resistive (not capacitative) touch screen; Hint: use your fingernail rather than the pad of your fingers, and you won't need the stylus. It's a resistive touch screen, so needs a sharper depression to activate than capacitative touch, which just requires a wet object to disrupt the field ... and forget about multi-touch

* Display 1024x600 (not 800x480); 16:9 aspect ratio

* Battery: 3800mah (not 1400mah)

* 2.1 megapixel camera (not 1.3)

* 256MB RAM

* 2GB Micro SD Card included (in slot 1) ... I can't actually tell if there are 2GB of flash memory, and at startup sound that might be a disk drive. There seem to be a few GB of internal storage somewhere.

* 2 Micro SD Card Slots (Up to 16GB)... slot 2 is read only

* 2 USB Slots (regular size)

* HDMI output

* Stylus

* Size: 6.5x11x0.5" (not 12x10x3.5", which is the size of the box that it came in)

* Android DG3.20 O/S (whatever that is, DG for DigitalGadgets) ... I actually do not believe that this is updateable to Android 2.2 because memory is only 256MB (but I'm willing to be corrected if someone is actually successful with the update)

* Uses the SlideME app market, but you can download .apk directly on your computer, and put them on the SD card in slot 1 to expand your selection



Despite all the misinformation, it is a great deal at $189, and is fast and reliable. If you want a 10" tablet for less than $200, this is your best choice in my opinion.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Apple Ipad Apple Ipad Apple Ipad