Saturday 15 October 2011

Nook Accessories - nook screen protector, barnes and noble


The packaging claims that this screen protector is anti-glare, bubble-free, and fits the BN nook. In my opinion, none of these are true. As far as anti-glare goes, I can see my reflection in it. That is nowhere near anti-glare. Bubble-free? Ha! This thing had bubbles all over the place that I could not get out. It says it comes with a stiff card to help smooth out the bubbles -- mine did not. So I tried the card that came with my iPhone screen protector. That didn't get out the bubbles either. Lastly, I tried for a good half-hour to try and get this film into the correct position. It's just a tiny bit off, but enough so that it just wouldn't position correctly on the nook's screen. After all was said and done, I just ripped the thing off and threw it in the trash.



I may try the 'branded' film from the BN store to see if that is any better, but I'm pretty happy with the naked screen as is. Premium Clear Full Screen Protector for the Nook, Anti-Glare and UV - Barnes and Nobles Electronic eBook Reader

Beware! The installation tabs will leave paper and glue on the film which can damage the plastic when you try to rub it off.

And IT IS NOT A MATTE FINISH! It is glossy! It makes the display difficult to read.



I have contacted the seller for a refund and I will post again when I get a response.

I bought the screen protector for my nook thinking I'd be doing a good thing to help protect my brand-new eReader. After twenty minutes, I still couldn't get the protector on correctly and gave up. I decided it wasn't worth my time or energy any longer and pitched the whole set-up.



I'll be buying my next screen protectors directly from B&N and have the nook rep apply them.

You will be disappointed with this product. Mine arrived yesterday and I have already thrown it out.

First off, I found the sheets relatively easy to install after figuring out the cryptic directions on the tabs. So far, so good. The fit is not exact, they seem to be a little too large. The biggest problem with installation is the seemingly impossible task of getting them on the surface without picking up some tiny grain of dust or other particle under the film. I cleaned the reading screen well before applying it, but could not get a perfect install. There was always a small bubble with a tiny speck underneath. Reapplying was a problem also; if your finger even brushes against the "sticky" surface, the resulting smudge will be impossible to remove.



I got this primarily to protect the touchscreen, however, since I hate the fingerprints left on a naked screen--but the same problem.



As mentioned in another review, the most glaring issue (pun intended) is the reflective surface on the reading screen. It completely defeats the purpose of the matte screen, making reading difficult. I found myself tilting the nook to reduce the reflected light. On the bright side, however, if you need an emergency shaving mirror, this is so reflective it will suffice.



In summary, this is a piece of garbage. Amazon should immediately refuse to sell such junk. (I gave it one star because I don't think you can give zero.)

I won't get all long-winded on this one: This is garbage. It WILL protect your Nook's screen, I'm sure, but it looks terrible, even when properly applied in a clean room. The problem is that it's shiny and reflective; Two things you do not want on an e-ink display. It really sucks to try to read a book and see your own face reflected back at you from the page. If this were at all acceptable, they'd print books on mylar or aluminum.



Seriously, don't bother with this or any other cheap knock-off. The only ones I'd recommend are the official protector from B&N (which is over-priced, considering there's only one in the package), or the M-Edge version, which is pricey but includes three sets in one package, and works every bit as well as the official version.



Pretty simple rule for screen protectors when it comes to e-ink: If it costs less than $10 then it's probably this cheap PET material with a glossy finish, and it's meant primarily for LCD screens; Not e-ink.



Don't be fooled by claims of "anti-glare", because "anti-glare" is NOT the same thing as matte coating.



Avoid. avoid. avoid.

I would not want to use my Nook without this product but I am not completely satisfied with it. It is impossible to get all of the air bubbles out so now I have to read over them. Also, the price was really high especially since you only get one set of the protectors. Live and learn.

It is a very inexpensive product. Yes, it came in a little envelope with a picture of an iPhone on it. Yes, what instructions were there were in German. But really, the product itself was exactly as advertised. My screen looks the same as before, but now I'm not afraid to accidentally touch it. The touch screen panel is not super shiny anymore, and I like the slightly textured feel of it. The films were exactly the right size, and I didn't have any trouble peeling off the protective films before and after application. What I did struggle with was lining it up properly -- but that's me. I had the same trouble with the screen protector I got for my phone. As a result, I did get a tiny bit of lint under one corner for one of the screens. I have a few tiny bubbles near the edges. If I had made my husband do it it would probably be beautiful. It did come with a card to smooth and a little cleaning cloth, which I didn't like, I used a glasses wipe instead to clean my touch screen prior to application. Maybe I lucked out? But I'm more than happy with what I got, especially considering what I paid for it. - Nook Screen Protector - Accessories - Nook - Barnes And Noble'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Nook Accessories - nook screen protector, barnes and noble barnes and noble Nook Accessories - nook screen protector, barnes and noble