Saturday 15 October 2011

egg cookers - nonstick, kitchen


This is a great high-quality product that poaches eggs perfectly. A pretty cool thing that the manufacturer has done is include directions on how to use the poacher with a few recipies that you can try to diversify the poacher's use. However, as you can read in other reviews, "non-stick" isn't exactly that. You really should use just a spritz of cooking spray to line the cups so that the eggs come out with ease. If you don't use any spray, you'll find it a bit challenging to remove the egg without damaging it. Demeyere 4-Cup Egg Cooker/Poacher

My wife and I have had 2 egg poachers in the past, but this one is by far the best. Since it is mostly used by the two of us, we decided to buy the 4-egg model... If I knew that it was going to be such a high quality product I would have bought the larger model for when we have friends or family... You will not go wrong with this product... I would give it a 5 star rating.

The Demeyer 4-cup Egg Cooker/Poacher is well made and makes excellent poached eggs. Other reviewers suggested using a little oil/butter/cooking spray in the cups to keep the eggs from sticking. I have done this and have not had an egg stick yet.



Chuck Braden (bradencookbook.com)

The Demeyere 4-Cup Egg Poacher is the real deal. Metal cups with a non-stick surface. The poaching system is removable, so the heavy pan and glass cover can be used for other cooking needs. I swabbed little vegetable oil in each cup and used a small spatula to help remove the poached egg from each cup.

Not cheap, but, as others have said, you get what you pay for.

The Demeyere is definitely worth the price.

I am one of those people that firmly feel you get what you pay for. In this case, my beliefs let me down. This is an excellent pan, in constant use, and we have had no problems with it whatsoever. The pan has been in use for some time now and there has been absolutely no warping as you usually see in less expensive cookware such as this. The dishes are deep enough to handle larger eggs and the clean up is a snap. Like another reviewer here, we did fined that if we added one minute, more or less, to the poaching time which are included with the directions, the eggs turn out much closer to our taste. I have owned several of these pans over the years and this one is by far the best. The worse two I had, which were horrible, I gave to my sister. She cannot cook hot water anyway, so no real harm was done. When I gave them to her, she actually thought they were to make stove top cup cakes. I did not tell her differently. I certainly recommend this product.

I really appreciate the consumer reviews so I will add my own. This product is really solid in construction and works like a dream. I was considering a cheaper egg poacher but the reviews lead me to this one. I use this poacher 3-4 times per week with the same results - perfect poached eggs! The cups are coated, but I use a small amount of cooking spray and the eggs slide right out. If you are on the fence regarding which egg poacher to buy, in my opinion you absolutely cannot go wrong with this one.

Works well, as advertised. Was able to load some cups, then later load others for various degrees of firmness for different people. Would like to have a little larger cup size, as eggs are rather deep instead of muffin size. Clean up is easy, and smaller size means easier storage. - Nonstick - Egg Poachers - Egg Cookers - Kitchen'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


egg cookers - nonstick, kitchen nonstick egg cookers - nonstick, kitchen