Thursday 1 September 2011

Water Table - kids outdoor toys, pirate


I love the concept of this toy. I like the fact that it is water only (so sand doesn't get mixed in as with other tables). My two sons ages 2 and 7 (and all of the neighborhood kids) loved it the first few days we had it, although our plank and cannon squirter broke as well. The plank should be secured with screws, not plastic pegs. The squirter constantly falls off of the "hinges" and the plastic tubing comes off which is frustrating for my 2 year old. Again, cute product, but I wish it was made better. Little Tikes Anchors Away Water Play Table

My family loves pirate stuff, so despite the high price and bad reviews we decided we needed this toy.



I think it says ages 2 or 3 and up on this thing, but my 3 year old as well as my 10 month old love it! The novelty of the toy has worn off for my daughter (3) but my baby (10 months) still loves it.



I feel for a Little Tikes toy that this toy just feels so cheaply made for the price they are asking for. The motorized fountain has a little filter screen that gets filled easily with junk and 1 time even after clearing all the stuff and making sure there was enough water I had a hard time getting it to work again. I wish the hose on the cannon was longer. Its hard to always be able to get it working if you only fill the water to the max fill line. Also the cannon easily comes off which is a little irritating. I don't know if they did this on purpose because yesterday my daughter enjoyed playing with cannon in the baby pool. It worked great in there.



My kids love it and I love it for the most part. I think i would love it more if it cost $65 or less. Buy it while you can! It took me awhile to even find one available a month ago!

I bought this water table over others because I love the role playing aspect of it. But, I am quite disappointed in the quality. As others have said, the cannon squirter came off immediately and although it goes back on, it's a pain to continually be fixing it. Also, for us, although the fountain works, it doesn't work well enough to spin the wheels. Also the people are a bit odd - their hands look like they should be able to grip the wheel, but unless you stand them sideways, they can't. Lastly, we can't get the water to fully drain from the inside of the ship. I'm sure the water being in there helps with stability when it's full, but I'm concerned that we're going to end up with mold in the inside of the ship (not where the kids touch, but still...not good). I'm still giving it three stars because it's cute and fun.

I bought this for my 2 yr. old despite some negative reviews because it looked like so much more fun than other water tables, which looked boring in comparison. I expected the cannon squirter to possibly break because others mentioned that, & it did, almost immediately. On the 2nd day, though, the pump also quit working. My husband found the batteries were water logged, so it wasn't water proof like it should have been. That was VERY disappointing. The cannon I can live with but the pump runs a major feature of the water table. I haven't called Little Tikes yet, but I guess I will. For almost one-hundred dollars, I expect better & feel like I shouldn't have to waste my time calling about parts that break right away. So be forewarned - the item has some issues.

This is a really neat, super fun toy. I love the fountain (probably more than my 3 yr old son does), and there are so many fun little accessories. I must echo the sentiments of many of the other reviewers here, however, in saying that the quality leaves a lot to be desired.



We've had this toy for two months and have observed the following quality issues:

- The squirting cannon (which is probably the most fun element of the table) does not fasten to the table in a secure way, which makes it difficult to use. My son really can't manage to push the button without knocking the cannon off its supports. Also the tube from the cannon that extends into the water is not quite long enough and is difficult to get properly situated.

- The fountain pump can get clogged pretty easily, but I this hasn't bothered me too much so far, as it has been easy to unclog.

- *WORST ISSUE* the plug that allows you to drain the table no longer stays in place, so the water rapidly leaks out, making the table unusable now

I think my husband and I were more excited about this water table than my little boy. It's absolutely adorable. Unfortunately when we put it together, we seemed to discover all the negative aspects almost immediately.



My husband put the water cannon together, put it on and flipped it up like a little kid would, and the piece that attaches to the hose promptly snapped off.



The toy boat that came with it does not float well. If you put one of the toy pirates in it, it capsizes immediately.



There was another piece that was discovered to be broken during assembly but I didn't pay attention and can't remember what it was.



All in all, it was surprisingly poor quality for a Little Tikes item. It was returned the very next day after we purchased it. There was no point keeping it when we didn't know what would break next. Daddy was bummed! - Kids Outdoor Toys - Water Toy - Pirate - Water Play'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information