Thursday 1 September 2011

Office Supplies - binding machines, binding


This is a good personal binding system that works as advertised. The only issue I noted was it will punch 8 sheets at once, but you really have to work to get them in. I settled on 5-6 sheets per punch-action because of the difficulty putting more than 6 sheets in the puncher and I didn't feel like pushing so hard on the punch -- 6 punch just fine.



The day after I receive it, I punched and bound 10 80-page booklets with no real problem. GBC CombBind BindMate Personal Binding and 3-Hole Punch System, 8 Sheet Punch Capacity, 125 Sheet Binding Capacity, Gray (7706170)

This has not turned out to be a very quality product. It says up to 8 sheets of paper may be punched at once, but really only about 4-5 is the limit. Even then it is difficult to get them inserted and lined up properly. Once the punching is completed, the lock to hold the combs open broke after only about 5 bindings. All in all, we found the quality of this product to be poor.

I've had and used the machine for 2 months; so I wanted to revise my original review.



This machine is a total PIECE OF JUNK.



I bought it for light personal use, intending to create a few photo albums of my digital photos. After only 2 months, it just went in the trash can.



From day one, two of the dies that punch the holes tended to stuck. Sometimes, they would rip the page as I tried to remove the paper. Finally, they got to the point that those dies wouldn't punch the holes at all.



I paid very careful attention to inserting the paper; but I still about a 30% rate of mispunched pages. I finally broke down and bought prepunched paper ($12.99 for 500 sheets from Staples); but that was cheaper than the cost of reprinting dozens of pages of photos.



The machine is rated for 8 pages per punch. Don't believe it ... 4 pages is a more realistic figure. Even when it was brand new, it struggled to punch through 2 sheets of card stock (which I was using for my photo album covers).



Save your money and buy another system. I sure wish I had done so!

Light weight, but suitable for small personal projects. I used it for my instructions booklets for easier handling. Will also organize my printed recipes, etc. Strictly home use, would not stand up to office or school use.

I use it to bind calendars made with a thick matte 61 pound 11 mil paper it worked perfect using 3 pages at a time. I would recommend this product. Saved the cost of having it bound at the store. GBC CombBind BindMate Personal Binding and 3-Hole Punch System, 8 Sheet Punch Capacity, 125 Sheet Binding Capacity, Gray (7706170)

I was so excited to get a personal combbinder and had tried to research carefully before ordering one online. True to advertising, this combbinder easily punches through 8 sheets of paper and neatly stores the clipped pieces in the tray. It's simple to operate (good thing, because the instructions are 5 cartoon pictures). The one and only con? It's a BIG one. I couldn't get it to punch the combbind aligned properly so that it was far enough away from the edge of the paper- no matter how many times I tried. It cuts off the edge of the paper and notches it- but leaves nothing to attach your binding to! Over and over! I'm not an idiot, either. There are no troubleshooting instructions, no phone number to call, no address to write to- nothing. There is no way to manually adjust the alignment. This machine simply notches the edge of your paper and ruins everything you put into it. Of course, there is always the chance that I got a bad apple in the lot that is manufactured incorrectly, but I'll never know, because it's going straight back where it came from and I will not be ordering another one!

Buyers beware! :(

Amazon has give us a wonderful gift to help get orgnied. Order this and it was received promptly. Have been binding many of the loose papers (by subject) that are floating around the house. We have been doing a lot of family history and get bits of information from many sources and now that is ll going together in a less bulky form than 3 ring binders. Using it for study material when they come to us in loose form Really are enjoying having this. - Binding Machines - Binding - Gbc - Binder'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Office Supplies - binding machines, binding binding Office Supplies - binding machines, binding