Thursday 1 September 2011

Subwoofer - adapter, subwoofer cable


I do not have much experience at all when it comes to powered subwoofers. Up to this point I have been satisfied with un-powered subwoofers like the ones that shipped with my Bose 501's. But the high fidelity arena has changed to the world of digital, so after a considerable amount of research I decided to update my audio system; this included the Denon AVR-2310CI A/V receiver in black.



Along with the new receiver I picked up the Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Surround Sound Speak System ($249.99 at J&R Music & Computer). Why Polk Audio? I have owned Polk's before and have been very satisfied with the sound quality. And the speakers are affordable and attractively designed.



The Polk Audio RM705 5.1 Surround Sound Speak System came with that little something I have never had before: a powered subwoofer. Knowing next to nothing about powered subwoofers I did a lot of research and ascertained that I would need a subwoofer cable that snaked from my new A/V receiver to my new subwoofer. Rather than pay $100.00+ at Best Buy for an RCA subwoofer cable I prowled the pages of Amazon.com and came up with the (very affordable--$11.35) Belkin Pure AV Blue Series 25 ft. Subwoofer Cable.



Problem: the input into the back of the RM-7 Series powered subwoofer from the A/V receiver are right and left, the Belkin Pure AV Blue Series 25 ft. Subwoofer Cable only had a single mal connection, so I need a Y-Connector. I decided on the Monster Cable Products THX Certified High Quality Y-Adapter.



My Thoughts



I am very, very pleased with the Monster Cable Products THX Certified High Quality Y-Adapter, more so because I got them at a reasonable price (15.98 at Amazon.com). Monster has delivered a well built, high quality, but affordable Y-Connector cable. There was no issue mating the cable to the Belkin Pure AV Blue Series 25 ft. Subwoofer Cable in order to plug it into my Polk Audio RM series subwoofer. The connection was snug with not slippage noted.



The Monster Cable Products THX Certified High Quality Y-Adapter delivers and for a fraction of the cost. Smartly designed, affordable, with more than enough capacity to meet my needs, this Y-connector cable is a keeper, a solid winner. Monster THXAI-YF-NF THX Certified Mono Female RCA to Stereo Male RCACable Adapter

I was able to hear a signigicant improvement in sound as soon as I hooked this up (I did have a cheap cable installed). I paired this with the Monster Standard THX-Certified Subwoofer Interconnect Cable (16 Ft) and I couldn't be happier.

No doubt about it. Monster makes some quality products. These are no exception. The only problem is Monster products are also very expensive. These aren't.



Inexpensive quality--that's a no-brainer.



I've managed to revamp my very old bookshelf system ('98 I believe) with all of the original speakers and built-in subs using only this cord, a subwoofer output cord (another inexpensive Monster product), and a new receiver. The sound is phenomenal! - Subwoofer Cable - Subwoofer - Adapter - Monster'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information