Tuesday 6 September 2011

Toshiba Laptops - laptop, toshiba laptops


Background, Im a freshman in college, Im not a drone that lives in a cave with my face in a computer all day, however, I do work with computers in multiple fashions. In 2006, I owned an hp pavilion (P.O.S, 4/10), 2007 I owned a Gateway T-series laptop( pretty good 7/10), 2009 I bought a Mac book pro (8.5/10) I thought it was an amazing all around computer and I would only stay with a mac from then on. Wrong, then in 2011 I bought a Toshiba M-645. Also, I have purchased 3 Toshiba laptops already, 1 for my father, 1 for my sister, and one for me.



If the rumor that PC's laptops are all bad and we all should move on towards a Macbook pro is true. Then most of us have over looked the Apple Biter. The Toshiba M-645, a well built laptop.



It has a gorgeous 14" display, quiet fan, handy back-lit keyboard, lightweight/size, amazing speakers by harman/kardon with dolby advance audio(sell point) i5 processor, great keyboard. Sleep and Charge,HDMI,multimedia touch buttons, usb 3.0, sleep and play, enough memory on the hard drive to last you a few years and many more features. Oh ya, Intel wireless display is Heaven.



This laptop has a unique and professional feel. It is made out of sturdy plastic instead of aluminium, however, its all personal preference. Windows 7 is a major upgrade from Windows vista, now imagine the upgrade from windows xp. Mac OS 10 is not perfect and neither is the macbook pro. Why do you think there is the apple protection program and the loading circle that appears a bit too much, plus so many updates? Compared to Mac O.S. 10 snow leopard, I would say windows got back on its feet after falling with Vista. And this Toshiba model compliments its operating system in order to call it the apple biter.



A few cons of this laptop are battery power, I personally achieved an average of 4 hours brand new, now i usually get about 3.15 hours. For others, blu-ray is absent. Third, no blue-tooth. 4th.



If you personally think that Apple Macs are the laptop standard, think again, the new kid on the block just upgraded its processor to the second generation of the I core series. Since I kept both laptops for reasons, I would definitely recommend both laptops. However, for this laptop I'll give it a score of 9.2 of 10 and is my new favorite not just because its new, but because it has more bang for its buck.



That short battery life may kill this deal for you, if you're not a windows fan since you have purchased horrible PC computers in the past, this computer may in fact change all that. If you're a Mac user, then this computer is an easy transfer of usage. For 800$ this take a big bite out of the Apple Mac Book Pro. Definitely worth it. Toshiba Satellite M645-S4116x 14.0" LED Laptop (Black)

The description of this item clearly states that the laptop has a ExpressCard (34/54) slot. I'm here to tell you that it does not have any kind of expresscard slot. For that reason I sent it back the day after I got it.



Other things of note... while you may think the textured exterior will prevent fingerprints, let me assure you this thing is a fingerprint magnet. I only had it for a day and a half and it was smudged like a mother. The keyboard keys seemed to get fingerprint smudges easily too, and that's something I've never seen before. It was almost like the keys had a glossy black enamel on them. Glossy black enamel = fingerprint magnet.



One final thought... I have never in my life seen so much crap installed on a computer. I swear to you there were no less than 25 apps running in the background, 3/4 of them Toshiba bloatware. AND they don't send you any kind of driver/utility CD so if you want to do a clean install of Windows, you'll be forced to go to the Toshiba website and spend a good hour of your time downloading drivers and any optional apps you may want to install. I don't know how or when computer manufacturers got it into their heads that they don't need to include recovery or driver CDs or DVDs with their machines, but it's a trend that needs to go away. It's annoying and thoughtless. It shows a complete disregard for a user's possible needs. What it really is, at least in the case of some manufacturers, is a ploy to get you to send them even more of your hard earned money so THEN they will send you what should have been included with your purchase in the first place.



Thankfully, Amazon's return policy is amazing. - Core I7 - Laptop - Laptops - Toshiba Laptops'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Toshiba Laptops - laptop, toshiba laptops laptop Toshiba Laptops - laptop, toshiba laptops