Monday 5 September 2011

Mac Battery - battery replacement, apple


I purchased this battery after my Macbook battery died. I read all the reviews here and it seemed to me that most people felt like this battery was an adequate replacement and for a much better price. The battery is great, don't get me wrong. There are a few small differences between the Apple battery and this one.



Number one: the battery doesn't fit perfectly into the slot. It protrudes a little bit so when you slide your hand across the edges, you will notice that it sticks out very slightly.



Number two: the battery life is not nearly as good as my Apple battery. Right off the bat, I'd say this battery can go for a good three hours, which is about and hour to an hour and a half less than the original battery that came with my Macbook when I first started to use it. I'm not sure if the life will decrease substantially or not from here on out.



Number three: I have not yet gotten a warning about my battery life being low. It completely dies on me around the 10 minute mark with no indication that the battery is low. This might just be due to the fact that I didn't sync the battery right but I've tried twice and nothing has changed so far.



Still, this battery is a great value at a nearly 50% discount to the official Apple battery. Macbook Replacement Battery 13" Series, MA561G/A, MA561LL/A, MA566G/

Not good. I bought it to replace my old battery. This battery immediately lost 10% of its capacity almost immediately. It still holds more charge than a 3 year old battery, but it certainly could do more.

This is the exact same Apple brand battery that comes in stores for $120. I used the program Coconut Battery to test it and it had only three load cycles used and was beyond the supposed original capacity of the battery. This is a perfect replacement battery for the black macbook.

Bought this a few months ago and the battery stopped working properly after 2 months. The batter would lose charge and instantly turn off my computer, loosing all data that I was working on (no memory loss coverage as stated in the description). Tried to contact the distributer, Sunvalleytek International Inc. and they were no help with return/replacement. Tried to contact Amazon.com with the same outcome, no replacement (past Amazon's 30 day return window). Finally tried to contact manufacturer, Dekcell, for 1 year manufacturer's warranty and still no luck. Will keep trying, but for now I just have to warn other Macbook users, this battery works great for about 2 months, but if it stops working, good luck with getting a replacement! I'll keep trying, but has been a pain and I recommend going to mac and paying the extra $50 to get their name brand product.

I bought this battery in September and by May it was lasting only 10 minutes on a charge. Every time I used it, I ran it all of the way down as you should. It only had 50 cycles on it! I contacted the seller 3 times with no response. Amazon said they were not able to help either. Ignore the 1 year warranty... it doesn't even work because you will not get a response from the seller. I thought I was saving some money but in the end, you get what you pay for. LESSON....DO NOT BUY!! I am off to buy a genuine Apple battery.

i did all the charging as directed, but in didnt end up working. i took my computer to the apple store and it they ran some tests. my computer is ok, it was the battery. so i got an apple battery and it works fine.

I have had a lot of battery replacements, but this has to be one of the worst. Typically with a battery on a mac based laptop, when you reach the end of the life, the energy saver will retain enough charge to allow you time to plug in - NOT THIS. You have to reboot each time, which is not good for the OS. The battery life on this so called new one is worse than the one I replaced - AND YES I followed the instructions. I learned my lesson, never go cheap on a mac part. Horrendous product.

Although this battery is inexpensive, I should have bought one from Apple. The battery never fully got charged. After 24 hours charging, it was at 80% and within 2 hours, I was down to 40%. Even when plugged in, I only now get to 68% charged and I have only had it for a couple of weeks. :(

I got this battery for my son's Black MacBook 1.1. It's a decent battery, especially given the difference in price of the OEM battery from Apple and this one. The battery life is not as long as stated (only getting about 2 hours). One issue that you may have is the difference in casing texture. This battery is glossy and doesn't match the somewhat matte finish of the MacBook, but again not a problem as I thing another review here stated that. I got what I paid for. Working as it should so far. - Mac Battery - Apple - Battery Replacement - Battery'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information