Monday 5 September 2011

Cordless Telephones - cordless telephones, answering machine


This is a very nice cordless phone system from Vtech. I got this model to replace a model with which I had become very frustrated. However, I am happy to report that this system has met my expectations which are:



* DECT 6.0 - to avoid interference with wireless internet

* Handset usability

* Easy to use answering machine

* Able to use both handsets on the same call



The call quality from this system is great. My previous system was on the 2.4 GHz frequency, and was always fuzzy. However that's not the case with this Vtech model. The caller on the other end is comes through crisply with ample volume.



On my old system, the "Talk" button was raised such that if you tried to hold the phone with your shoulder, you would almost always hang up on the call. I found this very aggravating, but the Vtech handsets pose no issues here. I find the controls fairly intuitive too. I have not had to consult the detailed user manual in order to do what I want and need to do.



I may be a bit behind the times on this, but this is the first phone system I've had where all setup is done from the handset. Have you ever been frustrated with the buttons on answering machine bases that do different things based on how long you hold them down? This is gone in this system. The handset has an easy to navigate menu system that mimics what I remember from my older Nokia cellphones. Playback can be controlled from the base station, but that is the only thing it does. You can also playback messages from the handset.



The final thing I was looking for might seem a little odd, but you won't notice it until you need it. On my old system, only one handset could be active on a call at any time. That is not the case with this Vtech system.



I don't ask my phone system to do a whole lot, but I do want it to do these things very well. I'm very pleased with this system from Vtech. If your needs are similar to mine, I think you will be too. Please feel free to ask questions in the comments section below. Vtech DECT 6.0 Expandable 2-Handset Cordless Phone System with Digital Answering Device and Caller ID (CS6229-2)

It's easy to program, has good reception and lots of cool features. The reason I gave it 4 stars is because in the Philadelphia area where I live, you must enter the area code for local calls. When paging through the missed calls, it doesn't show the area code. So if you try and hit dial from there, it won't work. You have to just memorize the number and manually dial it, assuming what the area code is. This may not be an issue for a lot of people, but it's a pain for us.

Very good sound, excelent battery life, user friendly, usefull features...

This phone is way beyond good.



It is easy to use, small, light. When you program the date or the directory on

the Phone #1 the #2 gets updated as well. The intercomm feature is very nice,

the speaker sounds really nice and loud. You don't lose signal eventhough you

are very far from the base. The voicemail is very easy to set up and messages

are easy to recall.



I made no mistake by choosing this phone, it is more than I was expecting. If

you buy one of this you won't regret it.

Overall I was pretty satisfied with the product.



The only reason I give it a lower rating is because to my surprise it didn't have a jack for a headset. If you use it for work, want an ergonomic product so you don't hold a phone with your shoulder or your hand, it's very important.



If you use the phone for longer conversations, be it for business or pleasure, a phone with a headset jack for convenience and health reasons is a must, and this phone doesn't have it.

I got this phone set for free using my credit card points. I love it! I like how much smaller the main base is than my previous phone. The clear buttons look cool and it is a light phone. The second base only needs plugged in; no phone jack is required. The built in answering machine works easily and turns off simply if you don't want to use it. When you put directory numbers in one, they are automatically added to the other phone. The other features like an intercom button to call the other phone, find handset button, and phone service voicemail alert are good additions. You are able to add up to 12 phones using just this one base!

The phone has been great. Does everything i need it to. Since i have crappy cell phone reception at home i have it forwarded to my home phone and the Vtech phone has worked great. The battery life is surprisingly good so far. Its been about a month and since i have 2 hand sets i let 1 discharge almost completely before i recharge it and use the other one. The one complaint I have is the phone is a bit slippery. Don't get a great comfy grip on it. Besides that it would have been nice if it had bluetooth capable. For the price though you can't beat the phone. I'd recommend it. - Vtech - Answering Machine - Cordless Telephones - Speakerphone'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information