Monday 5 September 2011

Lingerie


(Note: At the time of this review, two different styles of bras are listed and pictured under the same description. This review applies only to the bra that looks like a traditional sports bra. I do not own the other bra pictured, which looks more like a standard bra.)



I'm a fairly new to the sport of running. Starting three months ago, I began training for a race and am averaging 15-20 miles per week. I'm a DD cup, so the girls have a tendency to hurt and be distracting (to me, as well as everyone I pass) while running. I really wanted to find a sports bra that would let me forget about my bouncing chest and let me focus on my workout.



I didn't love this bra when I put it on. It was awkward to have to reach around my back to hook it, it was so tight that I practically had to dislocate a shoulder to put it on, the strap lengths were not adjustable, and it did little to lift and separate the breasts. Instead, it provided very strong compression, giving the oh-so-flattering meatloaf chest effect. I gave a few trial bounces in front of the mirror and decided that the strong compression overrode the drawbacks. I could live with the uniboob, so long as it didn't move.



10 minutes into an hour run, I was tugging and pulling and adjusting as the straps seemed to melt with heat and sweat, leaving my boob (singular) sliding lower and lower on my chest, with more and more room to bounce back up. Since the strap lengths don't adjust, the only thing I could do was try to keep the bra pulled as taut as possible for the remainder of the run. Eventually, I gave up and just used my arms and hands to hold things in place until I got home.



Maybe for a smaller busted woman, this bra would be great. For me, it was terrible. It was especially terrible for the price tag. I hate this bra and returned it. Champion Women's 360 Max Support Sports Bra,Black,Medium

This is the most comfortable sports bra I have EVER had on! It is very supportive and does it's job and well. My only concern is the sizing. I ordered a size large as I wear a 34D and that what the size chart suggested. I think it is a little to big both in cup and band. Maybe its just me as I prefer a snugger fit. But all in all I love the bra and highly recommend it!

I run regularly and love this bra. If you run or do high impact sports such as soccer, basketball, track, etc., this is a great bra to own. I find it to be very supportive and definitely minimizes motion. The shoulder straps lay perfectly across my shoulders and feel like they are "just right." The styling produces a smooth but not horribly flat silhouette like some compressive sport bras tend to do. (And if you wear technical running shirts, the bra works well with them!) And while I'm not always a fan of back-hook sport bras, this one has a very comfortable band. I thought the bra runs smaller than my other sport bras - typically I wear a large or XL, but found that the XL verged on being too tight through the band (had to set it on last set of hooks), and ended up buying a XXL. You might consider trying one on in a local sporting goods store for fit, then order online as they tend to be less costly online than in stores.

Love this sports bra. I like a lot of support and this bra has it. Thankfully, I tried it on before buying. It runs big I am normally a 34D (which it says you should buy a large) but the medium fits perfect.

I never write reviews for staff I buy, but this bra is so good that I just want to share that with you. I own other Champion sports bras, but there are too tight and I find them difficult to put on. I feel every time like I am going to break my nail or even finger. This bra has a hook on a back, and soft cups. It doesn't make you flat, but at the same time gives you great support. I have it in pink and black. I will buy other colors too, and I hope they will come out with bright, vibrant colors for this bra, to make it even more fun.

For those with a B cup or smaller who don't want to look all flat, I would not recommend this bra. In the past three years I've fluctuated from a 32A/B to a 34D and then back and forth again a second time all from having babies and nursing. The size I ordered was a small (32B) and it seems snug, though the right amount for being a sports bra. While it fits fine and offers support, (after all the nursing I've done I DO need support even with smaller breasts,) I don't intend to wear it much because of how boy-ish it makes me look. (My main choice activities tend to be weight-lifting, jogging, walking, and running stairs or the stair-stepper, and also soccer, jfyi.) Pretty much I only see myself getting a whole lot of use out of it in the future when/if I have another baby and my boobs double in size again, although I would think that when I'm a 34D I would definitely need to size-up to a medium.



Btw, mine is bolt pink, and I think it's an awesome shade. If I were the type to workout in just a bra, this is the one (as far as color is concerned) that I'd go with. As for underneath clothing, it has those seams on the outside of the cups that look a bit tacky/distracting, imo.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information