Thursday 15 September 2011

Child Bike Trailer - baby bike seat, cycling


We were hesitant to spend this money on a bike seat with so many out there for much less. After a lot of research but limited reviews on this we took the plunge. No regrets what so ever. First, it is a great looking seat. Second, the shape and quality of the materials are very high. Third, it is easy to take on and off after mounting the standard frame mount and you can buy an extra one for another bike. Finally, safety is the most important for our daughter and we have no concerns when she is in this seat. We highly recommend it, a bit expensive, but well worth it. Kettler Rodeo Child Bike Carrier

It is the best solution we can find for our kid six years old ,he can go with us and enjoy the forest and any place we can go , sharing different things he could not in the past -last carrier was small- , now we are very happy with it.

I love this seat. So does my son. I had a child trailer but too much debris was flying inside. The only thing I wish this seat had was somewhere for him to put his hands, so I made my own and attached it between his legs. There is plenty of space. He simply loves this seat. Stays very comfortable. As with any seat of this type you have to ride in safe places with easy terrain.(if you care about your childs safety) The best seat at a great price..Thank you Kettler and Amazon........

Even though the product itself was easy to buy and shipped in perfect condition right away, I had to take the seat to 3 different bike shops to have someone install it. When they finally installed it they gave me a list of about 15 things they felt were unsafe when using this seat with my little mountain bike. Im a pretty small person.. 5 foot tall and about 100lbs. When I got the bike home I put my 22 lb 2 year old in the seat and just couldn't maintain my balance. It just wouldn't work. So I then had to go back to the store, pay them to take the seat off of the bike, and pay for shipping to return it.

Just a heads up for small people, bike seats really put a lot of weight back there, and for me it was totally unsafe to ride. I bought a Chariot trailer instead and we have been super happy with that. Its much easier to take along, and even converts into a stroller so you can walk around with it after you lock up your bike. Good seat, just wouldn't work for me.

Kettler has a great reputation, but they must be new to the bike seat business because the Rodeo is very questionable on several levels. It is easy to be sucked in by the attractive design, but when the box arrived it was frightfully heavy. The seat and frame adapter are almost 20lbs! Add the weight of your kid and suddenly you've got a seriously heavy load. Solidity probably means safety, but I wasn't impressed with how the seat connects with the frame post attachment. It didn't fit snugly and rattled around. I didn't even go for a ride, i put it right back in the box and returned it. I was afraid of having 50lbs shifting and swaying on me while i ride. Also while it's a nice feature to be able to remove the seat easily when you're not using it, other brands are fitted with a locking mechanism so that your 'quick releasing' $200+ seat isn't quick released by the neighborhood bike thief. - Cycling - Baby Bike Seat - Child Bike Trailer - Bicycle Trailer'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information