Sunday 7 August 2011

Surge - surge protector


A lot of small electronics have transformer boxes on the plug and most surge protectors don't handle them well. Before the Power Squids and other iterations, the round Kensington Smart Sockets surge protector was the only one to solve the problem - and it's still the BEST.



One advantage it has over the others is simply the way it looks. It's sharp. It's small. It can be tucked away behind your equipment or it fits nicely in the desktop. You can use it for small equipment (dictation machines, pencil sharpeners, music players, etc.) without having to get under the desk to run cords and plug things in.



Another feature is the 16' long cord. It's a great solution when there's an unused socket too far for your cords to reach (like the one two cubicles away).



This is a great tool.



One thing Amazon doesn't mention is that when these first came out, they cost over $70. The current list price is an improvement - the Amazon price is a bargain. Kensington 62634 SmartSockets 6-Outlet 16 Foot Cord Table Top Circular Color Coded Power Strip and Surge Protector

Pros:

* Heavy enough to stay where you put it.

* Cord long enough to be useful.

* More aesthetically pleasing than the long beige strips.



Cons:

* Octopus style wiring does not support most cord organization strategies.

* Pricey.

This table top power strip was perfect for our conference room and the long cord was a plus. We have 2 ten-foot tables in our conference room and it is able to sit in the middle of the tables with enough cord without having to add an extension. And the added colored sockets make it easy for associates to know what plug is theirs. In all I give it a 5 star rating!

I've been using this for a while now on the recommendation from a fellow memeber of a sewing club. I can run a lot of things off this to help with my sewing needs--lamps, different machines, iron, etc.



If you need additional outlets for any area of your house/work room this is a good one.

for college your allowed 1 power strip well it would be nice if you could use every oulet on the powerstrip and on a round one you can. Its absolutely perfect. Then you get these color strips to mark your cords to match your outlet so its just great. My roommates just went online to amazon to order the same ones because the strip ones they could only use 3 out of the 8 outlets and with computers and printers phones hairdryers etc more is a necessity.

My wife was looking for something stylish, yet functional and well-made. This (albeit pricey) power strip fits the bill. It's very attractive, doesn't scratch the glass countertop, and holds plugs very securely. We'd but another one if/when we need it. I can see my wife already looking around the house at all of the other less attractive, and "old" power strips....

I have a lot of electronics (computers, television, video game systems, etc.) and I also live in a very old house so the fuses blow quickly. I love this product because not only is it discreet in its slim design but also because it works fantastically, the colors help me remember what is plugged into what, and the cord length (though excessive for small spaces) is perfect for a larger space where the outlet may not be near the electronics. I was looking at the "powramid" but I am glad I ordered this one instead. It is solid and stays in place, and I also love that the on/off switch is not easily pressed. With my other/ older power strips, I found that the slightest movement would often flip the switch off, which I found very annoying. With the SmartSockets power strip, I do not have this problem. It is a great product. I just ordered 2 more!

This is a nice try, but unfortunately, this item requires all the plugs to fit outside the circle making it very big when you have 6 transformers plugged in. I use the ezSpace UFO. The plugs face the middle and all my wired can be grouped together for a very neat efficient fit.



CB - Surge Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Surge - surge protector surge protector Surge - surge protector