Sunday 7 August 2011

Dog Grooming - dog grooming, dog hair


I have the SWEETEST goldendoodle puppy. She is 4 months old and is nearly the perfect dog already. One of the very few challenges I've had is brushing her. She simply would NOT tolerate it. And if I could get her to stop biting for 2 seconds, the slicker brush pulled out all of her adorable curl. I figured I'd give this thing a try considering I'm facing a lifetime of fighting this fight with her. Holy cow. At first she reacted like she did with the regular brushes (i tried 3 kinds) but after a couple of minutes she was laying on her side so that I could Zoom Groom her. Hallelujah! I won't be living life with a matted, scruffy doodle.



Many of the reviewers said that the hair goes everywhere. This was not my experience at all. it collected on the Zoom Groom and I just pulled it off. Another good reason to switch from a slicker brush, I don't get stabbed when trying to clean it off. Can't WAIT to try this in a bath. KONG ZoomGroom, Dog Grooming Toy, Boysenberry

Not only does this brush get the shedding hair off the dogs, it works wonders on the carpet and furniture too! Use it in a circular motion on the carpet, and wow - the hair comes up! We have a long-haired, double-coated dog and a short-haired dog. I have tried everything to get pet hair off of the carpet, and this brush works amazingly well. Only one word of caution...short dog hair does not stick to it very well - most of it falls to the floor. This brush also seems to work best on short-haired dogs when they are wet. You may still need another brush to get all of the loose hair off the dogs - and this brush does create a lot of loose hair. All in all, this is a great brush that the dogs love to be brushed with.

I have a terrier mix... HIs hair is white and fine and medium in length and he sheds like crazy. I foolishly bought the zoom groom impulsively from the groomer, and found that it's much cheaper on Amazon. I like the zoom groom for the most part, it does get a lot of excess hair off my dog, and I agree with other reviews that this probably has something to do with the static that the brush creates... You can actually hear the static on the dog while I'm brushing him. But, his hair is short enough that it doesn't really collect on the brush... It flies everywhere!! While I'm brushing him it looks like a cloud of hair which lands all over the place. His black nose was covered with white hair, my clothes were covered with white hair, his collar was covered, and of course the carpeting! It's too bad it's 10 below right now, because this brush is definitely better suited to use outdoors (the birds would have a field day!) All that being said, brushing him once and vaccuuming it up, is better then constantly having to de-fuzz all my clothes.



I should also note that after reading amazing things about the Furminator brush I decided to purchase that as well... I don't find that it gets as much hair off the dog as the zoom groom, it takes longer, and my dog doesn't seem to like it... He gets really wiggly and tries get away. With the zoom groom he moves around so i brush him in different spots and seems to relax and really enjoy the brushing... This would of course depend on the individual dog, but I think the Furminator is too stiff and rigid for Pete and probably feels uncomfortable.



All that being said, I would recommend the zoom groom, but bewared of a big hairy mess! And if anyone has any other brush recommendations for a dog with this type of hair, please share!!! :)

I have two dogs, one a short hair rat terrier, and another terrier mix with 3" long, thick coarse hair. I have tried a wire slicker brush and a "furminator" brush on both. The short hair dog has never liked ANY brush (they poke too much on her sensitive doggie skin) and on the long hair dog, the slicker didn't do much (combed through but did not remove stray hairs), and the furminator snagged and pulled on his hair since it's so coarse.



I picked up the Kong brush last weekend, and not only does it work great on BOTH dogs, they actually try to push each other out of the way in order to get brushed with it. It seems to give them a sort of massage, at the same time removing loose hair. The rubber bristles are very flexible and do not "poke" like wire brushes. The brush removed a lot of hair from both dogs.



You need to use the brush outside. The brush will not hold all the hair, and hair will be flying everywhere, especially for the short hair breeds.

I never dreamed this thing would work like it does. You keep brushing and brushing and the hair keeps falling and falling. This is one great doggie brush!



My doggies agree! They like being brushed with this brush - so much they try and move each other out of the way to get brushed! This has never happened before at grooming time!



My only advice would be to get out in the yard or an open area. The brush doesn't hold the hair and the hair doesn't clump up so that you can neatly dispose of it. If you want to clean it up, you'll need to brush it up. - Kong - Dog Hair - Shedding - Dog Grooming'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Dog Grooming - dog grooming, dog hair dog grooming Dog Grooming - dog grooming, dog hair