Thursday 11 August 2011

Small Coffee Maker - mr coffee, small coffee maker


I finally had to admit: My Krupps 4-cup coffee maker no longer made good coffee. I faithfully cleaned it with vinegar, kept coffee oils wiped off, but to no avail. After weeks I had to admit that the "Folger's in my cup" no longer had the power to make me sing. I turned to Community coffee--egads! How was this possible? Even my strong Louisiana coffee was lacking. Then I tried Starbuck's. No deal there either. OK, it's my old coffee maker, I thought. That made me sad--my long-time companion had to go.



I searched everywhere and finally settled on Mr. Coffee TF4-4-cup Switch Coffeemaker, white, of course, and couldn't be happier! With the very first cup, I was back in business--the business of taste and looking forward to that cup in the morning. I should say mug (equals about one and 1/2 cups of regular-sized coffee cups).



Here are the reasons I like this new coffee maker:

1. It is easy and convenient to lift the lid and place the filter.

2. Of course, putting coffee into the filter is easy, too!

3. What is superior about this unit is the water-free pour into the little tank. Sometimes I spilled a few drops of water with my old unit, but Mr. Coffee's carafe is designed to prevent spillage. The shape of the spout allows a good pour from one unit into the other.

4. The light right in front is an easy signal that the unit is either on or off.

5. Cleaning the unit is simple: Remove filter, remove basket, swipe through dishwater or rinse under running faucet, return to basket-holder.

6. But here's the best reason: Mr. Coffee makes a great pot of coffee!!



Now I can sing again: The best thing about waking up is Folger's in my cup and Mr. Coffee on my counter!! Mr. Coffee TF5 4-Cup Switch Coffeemaker, Black

I've owned an older generation 4-cup Mr. Coffee maker, and used it daily for 12 years. It worked perfectly! (I retired it only because it was getting too dirty to clean, after 12 years of use.) Amazing!

This newer sibling to the tried-and-true is thus far living up to the task, and very well I might add. I like how the lighted on/off switch is located on the front of the coffee maker, not hidden on the side where you have to feel for where it's placed. The reusable filter (included) is a nice extra - costing about 4 bucks if you buy separately. And it's much more convenient than the paper filters.

By the way, don't waste your money on a model with a timer. It's small 4-cup capacity brews a full pot in only five or six minutes. Simply click it on as soon as you wake up, and before you know it, coffee's ready!

I can whole-heartedly recommend Mr. Coffee. Anyone who can produce a coffee maker that lasts for 12 years has my vote!

Note: If you use a regular sized coffee mug and not the dainty little cups, you'll get about 2 1/2 servings per pot... just FYI.

Nice little unit that does the job, but the problem is the gold

mesh filter... it has a solid plastic bottom that does not allow the

water to filter through properly.. the resulting coffee is

bland. I tried the same blend and measure on an older Krups

and it was excellent.

When my beloved Krup 4-cup coffee maker broke -- my fault, not its -- I tried to replace it with another. No luck! No longer made.

The replacement choices were few and we were never happy with the Mr. Coffee that we have in our motorhome -- not because of performance but, rather, it's ugliness because it's white and has ugly stains.

The black Mr. Coffee that we ordered makes great coffee and looks good too. The only downside: its round glass carafe has a small opening and is harder to hand-wash than the straight-sided carafe on our old Krups.

I love the smallness of this unit, particularly as I am the only coffee-drinking person in the household! It is simple to use and easy to clean. Great for a quick morning coffee!



However I was very disappointed after purchasing this some months ago when the handle of the carafe became 'unattached', making it but unusable. I unsuccessfully tried many times to reattach it, which didn't work.



I have since purchased another brand - A beautiful Cooks brand from JC Penney on sale. Hopefully more luck with this one!

Currently a college student and was looking for a compact coffee maker that's dependable and affordable. I couldn't of asked for a more perfect fit! The product brews quickly and efficiently with the perfect amount for one person. Fits in any open space you may have in your dorm, apartment, townhouse, etc. without getting in the way. If you only drink a cup or 2 in the mornings, this is perfect and recommended.

Great little coffee pot for the person who likes fresh coffee all day. Inexpensive, no gadgets, but it does the job of making coffee. I find it better to make more frequent and smaller pots of coffee than a larger size because making it more frequently means you always have fresh coffee - with little to no waste! Not for the person who likes gadgets - just a simple "have a cup of coffee" coffee maker. - Mr Coffee - Coffee Maker - Coffeemaker - Small Coffee Maker'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Small Coffee Maker - mr coffee, small coffee maker small coffee maker Small Coffee Maker - mr coffee, small coffee maker