Thursday 11 August 2011

Camera Case - camera case, case logic


I don't have much basis to compare this bag, but I think it's great.



I'm going for a 3 week trip so I was looking for a small DSLR bag that was easy to carry around as a tourist, and spacious enough so I could fit more stuff (passport, book/kindle/ipad, snacks, ipod/iphone, point&shoot, etc.).



I did not find anything in between sling and backpack, something that could give me the flexibility I mentioned before... except for this! I can fit my DSLR (D3100)w 18-55 lens, and an extra 55-200 lens comfortably (maybe another one a bit tight); I can also attach a small tripod on the side, very handy. The front space is spacious enough for a book/kindle/ipad. The top compartment is spacious enough to fit two coke cans (I will use it for my point&shoot, small bottle of water, keys and snacks).



Don't know why it's such a low-profile bag; it doesn't have many reviews and it's hard to find at a retail store, but I fully recommend it.



One thing that has been said in other reviews is that the way to wear it is not clear. Both video reviewers I've seen have worn it wrong (there really must be something wrong with the instructions). Just for some help, these are other sling bags' demonstrations for you to see how to use it properly:



[...]



PS. Won't fit a 13" computer at all, just in case someone is wondering Case Logic DCB-308 SLR Camera Sling (Black)

This is my 4th sling camera bag in last one year and I think this one will stay long. I wanted to fit in a Nikon D60 with 18-105mm, a 70-300mm, a Metz Flash, filters and charger.

About a year back I had got a Sumdex SLR Camera Sling Pack. The bag looked promising. The build looked good, but after using it over a month on 3 trips outside the shoulder strap stitching started giving away.

I then started to look into Kata as one of my friend had a Kata bag pack. I settled in for a Kata 123-GO-20 Sling Backpack (Black). It was the very well build, but had a design problem. The cross shoulder padding was not long enough and when I swung the bag to remove the camera the nylon strap cut around the neck.

Then I got myself a Caselogic SLRC-205 SLR Camera Sling (Black). It was one of the best and stayed with me for little over 8 months. The only problem was I was not able to carry my 70-300 and flash together. I always left my flash at home.

Then recently saw the Case Logic DCB-308. And since I wanted to get a 35mm prime lens, I knew I needed a bigger bag. My Nikon D60 with 18-105 and 70-300 and the flash fit in the main compartment. The smaller compartment holds my charger, 2 Filters and the remote trigger. I yet have to get my 35mm prime lens and I am sure I will be able to fit it in this one.

The bag build quality is very good. There is an option to re-arrange the bright red internal paddings. There is a front pocket to keep a 7" to 10" tablet. One side can store my tripod too. This bag is definitely a keeper. - Camera Bag - Camera Case - Case Logic - Camera Backpack'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information