Thursday 11 August 2011

Garmin Mount - gps mount, garmin mount


The Suction cup mount kept falling off the windshield so I was looking for a new mount. I ordered this unit and have been very pleased with the results. It easily slided over the louvers on the A/C outlet and securely holds the GPS unit. Its only down fall, and its not the fault of the mount, is that it ads weight to the louvers and pulls them down so you can't aim the louver up to direct the air up and away from you. It was designed to be used on horizitional(?) louvers but it will also work on vertical units as well. I hace bought two additional holders for my other cars. IG-A05: i.Trek Garmin Nuvi Vent Mount II (Clip Locking)

Like the older IG-A03 this clip can be expanded with a bike reflector bracket around the front socket to mount atop the dash reliably, out of the airflow. See the review on the IG-A03. For that possibility I rate it the best. The only problem might be the length of the clips some reported too short for some cars when limited to 3/4". If this one is also too short and some of the other "clothespin" types work on wider slats, the pins might be transferable to this one, as they are separated parts looking very similar.



This clip uses a pressure grip on the slats without the prominent hook behind the slat on the spring-loaded IG-A03. This allows it to be used on longer slats, round slats and vertical slats supposedly better. For horizontal slats which fit I'd prefer the A03, maybe even vertical ones up to 3/4". Best examine the application carefully before selecting.

This works well for what it is supposed to do. I have circular vents in my '10 Honda Pilot and it hasn't been unstable yet. Keeps it in a less conspicuous location and wires aren't all over my dash. Only downside is that yes, it blocks the air from that vent very effectively.

This little plastic clip fits in the vent of my Murano, and solves the problem of where to attach my Garmin Nuvi other than the windshield with a wire hanging down. The price was right, and it holds the GPS securely. That's all I was looking for, and it filled that need. It came USPS quickly, and works as advertised.



Five stars.

If the louvers on your car vents are thicker than most, the clips will not open wide enough for it to attach. I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix and the clip actually broke off trying to slide it on. The broken piece of the clip will forever be a part of the car as it fell inside the vent. Buyer beware....this will not fit all vehicles...especially ones with larger than usual vent louvers.

I love this vent mount. Works great. I preffer it instead of the windshield cup because I can remove my gps faster and I can reach it more easy. It shakes a little when the road is bumpy but tha's not a big deal. I recommend it.

I bought this vent mount as well as another model. I like this one better. The clips fit snugger on the vents, but when I want to remove the mount this one is easier to remove. The mount ball can be positioned at a angle to suit your GPS receiver placement, and the ball can then be locked into position.

I hate a GPS mounted on the windshield and I have been trying different types of vent mounts for my Pontiac Grand Prix for quite a while. Most vent mounts are either too short for the vent or don't have good grip. This unit is perfect. It holds my Garmin 855 tight without having to create extra support of it. - Garmin Mount - Gps Mount - Garmin Nuvi - Gps Vent Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information