Thursday 11 August 2011

Refrigerator Water Filters - water filter for refrigerator, refrigerator water filters


I purchased 2 Whirlpool 4396701 refrigerator water

filters on line from Amazon.com a few weeks back.

I am very satisfied with the availability of this

filter required by my Whirlpool Gold Refrigerator.

I searched the internet and shopped around local

stores like Lowe's and Sears and found none that

could match the low price. The free shipping on

this item sealed the deal for me. Amazon.com has

not disappointed me with all purchases I have made

through them.



Keep up the good work, Amazon.com.



Retired Senior

After much research for a replacement Kenmore 46-9915 Refrigerator Water Filter at a more reasonable price (Kenmore cost, approx. $40), I found out that Whirlpool KitchenAid 4396701 Refrigerator Filter replaces Kenmore 46-9915 Refrigerator Water Filter and other Whirlpool filters. These filters reduce cholrine taste and odor, particulate class III, lead, mercury, benzene, p-dichlorobenzene, o-dichlorobenzene, etheyl benzene, toxaphene, and 1,2,4-trichorobenzene. Easy to replace, just push and turn. Price on Amazon for the Whirlpool 4396701 was [...] (1 pack) with free super saver shipping.

This was/is the standard as labeled water filter. Cheaper for us than buying them at Sears (at the time at least) and enjoyed the Amazon Prime free home delivery. No issues, no complaints. AFAIK, there aren't any other options for this part other than buying THIS part -- it's just matter of quantity -- so there's not really any choices except based on price.

I couldn't force myself to keep paying Sears $50 for filters, so I looked up the model number and found this cartridge as a replacement. Since many Sears refrigerators are made by other companies, their filters will also work. This purchase saved me several dollars and has the exact same specs as buying it at the local department store. It pays to do some research to cross-reference model and part numbers. It saves you lots of money and you get the exact same quality.

This filter works great - I do wish there was a cheaper "generic" filter that would fit all the refrigerators - wishful thinking. But I don't blame the manufacturer for trying to make money on them. I am happy to get it more cheaply from Amazon sellers than directly from the manufacturer.

According to the manufacturer of refrigerators using water filters, they should be replaced every six months. This is a name brand and it is brand new. Amazon.com is selling this at a price that beats any that I have found. Choosing this one is a "no-brainer". - Refrigerator Accessories - Water Filter - Refrigerator Water Filters - Water Filter For Refrigerator'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information