Monday 15 August 2011

Screen Protector - 50d, lcd protector


Yes, I'm one of the many people faced with the decision; should I put one of these econo-priced things on my expensive camera? I have a Canon 50D which I truely adore, and it has a fairly big LCD screen that is vulnerable to scratching and almost constant smearing. That always bothered me, having to worry about it constantly. I like to cradle my camera and lens like a newborn baby, and I figured I didn't have much to lose by trying this GGS protector. So I ordered it and recieved it in just five days with basic shipping. I was scared witless, just thinking about getting this protector on straight. But then again, what was the worst that could happen? I'd be out 15 bucks? I cleaned the LCD with a lens cleaner, then isopropal alcohol. Then I gently wiped it with a microfiber cloth to remove any streaks. Following the instructions, I removed the backing from the back/adhesive side, placed the camera lens down in a "hole" between separators in my camera bag so the LCD faced straight up. Then I lined-up the righthand edge of the protector with the LCD and took the plunge. I nailed it almost perfectly, better than I thought I would. I pressed on the edges to secure it to the camera, then peeled off the outside film from the protector. Viola! It is done and is virtually invisible to the untrained eye. And I could not be happier with it. Now when my camera happens to bump against my jacket zipper or buttons, I just smile, I know the LCD is protected very well. And there is no noticable difference in clarity now. I HIGHLY recommend this item to every photographer who values their equipment. GGS DSLR LCD Optical Glass Screen Protector for Canon EOS 50D 5D Mark II Digital SLR Cameras

When I got the camera I knew I needed to put some protection on the LCD screen to keep it in good condition. My last Digital LCD screen actually developed problems from constantly banging on my chest. This time I would start out from the beginning with protection.



So I bought the soft adhesive type and it did protect the screen from scratches and so on. But it looked ratty and cheap. The fact of the matter was that it was ratty and cheap. That's OK, it protects the LCD and they're a dime a dozen.



But then I started thinking about the image this was projecting to my clients when we'd chimp a shot (yeah, I know...) There were actually some comments about why I'd have that nasty thing on there. Nikon D90 guys have nice snap-on plastic protectors that run about $30, but at least they're nice looking. What's a Canon owner to do?



Enter this product. It simply sticks on and is a perfect fit. Perfect. It doesn't even look like there's anything there! Very nice.



I am a convert. If you want a professional looking protective cover for your DSLR LCD screen, look no further - this is it!



More later when it's rubbed up against my chest for a few months...

I bought one of these for my Canon 50D and another version for my girlfriend's Canon Digital Rebel T1i (500D). They are great. You will see a little more reflection with this on your camera than you would without, but saving your LCD from a costly repair is more than worth it. I reviewed it on my personal site, which Amazon won't let you link to in a review, so view my profile and you'll see my website link there.

This product is infinitely better than a film stick-on, but with only 90% light transmission, I find I'm losing detail on my LCD. I have a 5DII and L-quality lenses. I replaced the GGS protector with a $24.95 8-series Giottos. The Giottos has 12-layers, with 98% light transmission. Believe me, I'm not rich, and I'll take a good deal anytime; but if you use the LCD for judging focus, the Giottos is well worth the extra cost.

I've owned 5 different kinds of screen protectors for 4 other screens. The reason I've owned 5 is they all protected the screen and made their presence known [in a bad way]. One installed so poorly I took it back off. This is the only one I've used that doesn't seem to be there at all. It was the easiest to install, giving me a short window of time to realign just so [I got it close,not perfect to start] It's perfectly aligned and the exact right size. It works much better than other brands that cost 4x as much. I think I've found a brand to stick with. Not a cheap piece of plastic. It fits my Canon 5D Mark2 although the label doesn't say so [the advertising does].

This is a great product. I bought one 2 1/2 years ago for my first camera body and it's still there. I have had no problems with the adhesive and I clean it often with a lens cloth. This is a small amount of money to pay when you conider the cost of your camera body, and not being plastic film, which I have on my cell phone and dislike immensely, I see it lasting for a long, long, time.

I purchased this screen protector from Amazon a few months ago, but it went on easy and seems to be very durable and clear on my Canon 5d mark II. I don't have any experience with other screen protectors so I can't give any comparisons, but I would buy this again. - Lcd Protector - 50d'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protector - 50d, lcd protector lcd protector Screen Protector - 50d, lcd protector