Thursday 18 August 2011

Pitcher Water Filters - pitcher, pur filter


I cannot understand some of the complaints that I've seen in reviews of this pitcher. I've owned one for 2 years, and just bought a 2nd, and I've got nothing but good things to say about them. The filter works well and makes my normally chlorine smelling water as tasty as the best bottled water. I drink a LOT of water (120+ ounces a day) and my PUR pitcher has paid for itself many, many times over in its lifetime. I don't think the lid is troublesome at all as some reviewers have said, nor do I think that the shape is strange; to me it is perfect because it fits nicely along side a gallon of milk on the side rack of my refrigerator. The plastic is heavy duty enough to absorb some abuse, and the filters are very easy to exchange. All that is required is a quarter twist and they pop right out. I'd recommend washing the pitcher semi-frequently to keep it nice and clean, but other than that, it is about as low maintenance as you could ask for.



Great tasting water, solid design, relatively inexpensive filters, and 2 years of flawless use mean I can only give this product 5 stars. Don't hesitate, this is a fantastic water filter/pitcher. PUR CR-6000 2-Stage Oval-Shaped Water-Filtration Pitcher

I bought this January 12, 2008 at a local Publix. I was about to buy another Deerpark Filtered Water Gallon and decided to go with this (I can't use the faucet attachment) I am impressed. It makes Atlanta water taste like Dasani, oh wait, Dasani is Atlanta water...but it tastes great! Much better than from the tap.



I've read the slow filter comments and PUR must have changed because I don't notice the slow filling. We're a family of three and the 7cup is perfect. I have the habit of filling the pitcher top with each glass of water. I mean I would be getting it from the tap otherwise right? No big deal. The pitcher has filtered the water by the time I need a fresh glass.



[...]



BUY THIS PRODUCT.

I couldn't decide between the Brita Slim Pitcher and the Pur Oval, so bought one of each. And that's not as frivolous as it sounds, because I wanted two anyway so there would always be a cold one ready in the fridge. Both of them seem to filter the water just fine. The Brita top stays on better, but the handle has sharper edges and is less comfortable to hold, especially when it's full. Although I've noticed the little black specks that others have objected to, in our case they stay in the top section and never end up in the glass, so they don't bother us. The Pur has a nicer, rounded handle, but if you're not careful the top has a tendency to fall off, dumping water all over the shelf. No worries, though, because if you just make sure to use two hands and hold the top securely, which is very easy to do, it stays where it belongs and all is well. So, bottom line, I would give maybe a slight edge to the Pur, but either one delivers good-tasting water with a minimum of fuss.

for under $20 it's hard to fault this filter. It filters more different things than the Brita does... if the Brita meets your needs, buy it. I like the extra assurance and have never had a problem with speed of filtering unless the cartridge is old. It's been sitting in the door of my refrigerator for over a year now, quietly doing it's job.

I've been using this pitcher for about a month, after about 10 years of Brita use. I was surprised there weren't more direct comparisons here, so I'll make them.



First off, there are simply no black carbon flakes released anywhere in this pitcher. While this used to be a minor annoyance with Brita, it became much worse recently, with a huge number of flakes in the top and a significant amount of smaller black particles in the bottom. This could be seen as a black residue left behind after water evaporated from a cup. I was spilling about 1/4 of my water down the drain just to get rid of the carbon.



Second, the pitcher is just as easy to use. Yes, you have to take the lid off to fill it, whereas some Brita pitchers have a flip-open top, but it's a minor issue, and the lid seems sufficiently secure and should stay on in normal use. The pitcher also seems well built. I'm not sure what is leading to other users cracking their pitchers, but I don't see that happening with mine.



Third, the water does filter much more slowly than Brita. Sure, that's a minor annoyance, but the water is coming out much cleaner. I'll take it. Non-issue.



Fourth, the water actually tastes better. I can't quite put it in words, but it's almost as if the water is sweeter. It's probably because additional chemical taste has been removed. Whatever the process, I can attest to the fact that the water tastes very, very good. On some days, Washington, DC water can smell very strongly of chlorine. This filter takes that smell out. Brita did not.



Fifth, it's priced competitively with Brita. The pitcher is slightly smaller than the more expensive Brita and slightly bigger than the cheapest Brita, so it's priced fairly, right in between the two Brita options in terms of volume. The filters are also around the same price. Even if they were $1-2 more, it would most definitely be worth it.



I already convinced my mom to convert to Pur. She's very happy and doesn't know how she put up with Brita's carbon flakes for so long.

I live in a college dorm which does not have the best tasting water. It is clear and clean but has a chlorine smell. I got tired of it, so I decided to order this pitcher. I compared it to the Brita line and decided the PUR was a better choice because it filters more contaminants. I am VERY impressed! The water from this pitcher tastes amazing! I think the quality is as good as bottled water. I highly recommend it if your water tastes bad! The pitcher is well built and looks good. There is a piece of plastic inside that you pour water into, and this is what holds the filter. The lid on top is not attached, but I found that it doesn't fall off or move when pouring. Overall, I highly recommend PUR! I plan to keep my pitcher and use it everyday! - Pitcher - Water Pitcher - Pitcher Water Filters - Pur Filter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Pitcher Water Filters - pitcher, pur filter pitcher water filters Pitcher Water Filters - pitcher, pur filter