Thursday 18 August 2011

Home Essentials - shower caddy


I know you are looking at this and thinking you shouldn't spend this much money. However, I have no regrets and it's important to me to get my money's worth.



1- The photo does not do it justice - the two shelves above the soap holder hold a LOT of bottles



2- Being able to adjust the shelves is invaluable - I decided to put the items I use less often on the top shelf (I'm a short person) and found that I had to lower the top shelf to keep those bottles from interfering with the shower head. I lowered the top shelf JUST enough to do that, then moved the bottom shelf down so there was just enough room between it and the soap shelf to reach the soap.



3 - I've had difficulty with previous shower caddies' suction cups because they were sometimes positioned so that they were over the grout lines, and as a result they didn't hold well. With this one I got the shelves adjusted and hung it, then put the bottles in, then adjusted the arm to which the suction cup attaches so that it was on tile only - not over a grout line.



4 - It wasn't until the first time that I used the shower after installing it that I noticed it has a place on one side to hange a razor. It's easy to hang the razor there - it doesn't have to be pushed to snap into place.



5 - With all my previous shower caddys I had to use a ponytail holder elastic on the pipe that holds the shower head - I had to position it right in front of where the caddy would hang to keep the caddy from sliding down the metal arm to the shower head. THIS one snapped tight onto the pipe.



I'm impressed with all the thought that went into the design of this product. simplehuman Adjustable Shower Caddy, Stainless Steel

I have three Iof these in our three showers and have given one to all my sons who live on their own now. It has lots of room, it never slips and it is much slower to rust than any other caddy I have had.

Love this caddy! The best feature of this caddy has to be the non-slip attatchment point that tightens with a screw to keep it in place. All the other caddies we have ever bought end up sliding. The two larger shelves are adjustable to fit various bottle sizes.

This item has typicaly Simplehuman quality and ingenuity. I like how you can adjust the shelves up and down and left and right. This comes in handy since no two bottles seem to be the same size anymore. A++

I had seen this at another store and was excited to find it on Amazon. It was better than I expected. The shelves adjust not only side to side but also up and down, this came in handy because we have a removable shower head and have had a lot of problems with caddys in the past. I just brought the shelves down a bit lower to make it so there was no interference with the hose and it was not an issue. The suction cup is by far the best I have ever used, and the pivot thingy on the bottom in helps to even out the weight if some of your shampoo is heavier than what you have on the other side of the rack. I love organizing things and I know if I saw this in someone else's house I would love it, so I am inclined to show it on our house tour but I think people would look at me funny so I have held off... so far.

My shower is tiny and I was sick of having the corner shower caddies rust & collapse on me and after reading reviews I decided to give this a try.



So far this is working well doesn't take up too much space. Since the shelves adjust left & right I am able to fit all my stuff on it.

It doesn't look cheap. It doesn't rust. It's adjustable. Overall very nicely made. But it's really short. I had to stagger the shelves (one to the right and the bottom one to the left) so I can fit tall bottles on it....of course that means I have to balance them too so it doesn't swing one way or the other since the bottom suction won't stay on (I have one of those stone tiles that suctions don't work on).

So it's a really nice caddy...just too short.

The product itself is really strong and healthy but the base board is too short and can not be extended to a reasonable length. So, if you're like me having the short shower pipe coming out of the wall, then the shower head becomes obstruction to the top tray and hence becomes useless. I wish the length of the board would have been designed such a way it can be extended like at least up to 3.5 feet or so. So that i could adjust the trays properly. Now they are very very congested if you keep couple of shampoo bottle that you buy at Costco/Sams. - Shower Caddy'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Home Essentials - shower caddy shower caddy Home Essentials - shower caddy