Wednesday 10 August 2011

18 Inch Laptop Case


I had bought a new Qosmio X505 laptop with an 18.4 inch screen and needed a larger case. This case works great. It's easily large enough for the laptop as well as all the various peripherals. The bag itself has a nice feel.



A great buy. Case Logic VNC-218 18-Inch Laptop Case (Black)

A few weeks of toting the bag with a 16 inch laptop and some papers have torn the handles. For a product designed to carry large laptops I would have thought weight would be taken into account. I would have rather liked a warning on how much (or little) weight the handles would take before purchasing the product.

I am looking for bags for my 18 inch laptop and found this one in the store. I am glad that I inspected it. It has padding on the front, back, top and side. But NO PADDING ON THE BOTTOM...



You would think that the most important place to add padding, would have it. But NO. This bag is NOT padded on the bottom.



If you own one and set it down to hard. I hope that you backed up your data..

I needed a lighter more compact case for my Alienware M17XR2. This massive lap top weights over 12lbs not including the 2lb power brick. Unlike the oversized Alienware bag with its multiple pockets, and areas, The Case Logic case has one main area for the laptop and a zippered area for thinner components like the power brick. For local transportation when I only need the laptop, brick, mouse and a few CD's this case is perfect. The zippers are strong, the material is strong and there is sufficient padding. The case is very light weight, which is what I wanted. Easy to carry with the shoulder strap which I rarely use since it is so easy to use the handle. I will use the BIG Alienware bag for long road trips or air travel. But for around the town transport the Case Logic is a perfect choice for me.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information