Tuesday 5 July 2011

Usb Car Charger - elago, iphone charger


I love elago nano USB car charger. The reason is that design is very compact and easy to use. Unlike traditional big size usb car charger, this is small enough but performs perpectly and powerful. Moreover, pull ring makes usb car charger easlier to unplug from jack. I should say this product is very very convenient. In addition, LED indicator shows if usb car charger is connected with jack or not. It works perfectly with my car TOYOTA and Ford.

I would recomend to have this elago nano USB car charger for your mobile power supply accessory. elago Nano EL-Car-C1 USB Car Charger for iPhone, iPod, MP3 Players, Digital Cameras, PDAs, and Mobile Phones (Black)

This device works with iPhone 4 and 3GS.



When plugged into the cigarette lighter jack, the green light comes on to indicate it is ready.



You would need a separate USB iPhone cable (or other types of USB cable if you use a different device) to connect to this device since this devices does NOT come with a iPhone USB cable.



This charger has a aluminum handle that you can conveniently use to pull the device from the cigarette lighter jack.

It looks very much like a part of the interior on a 2010 Jeep JK. Most people who see it want to know what the USB port goes to... It looks that good. I actually do have a USB port for the stereo, but it's not in sight... And it works fine. The JK has 2 cigarette type plugs it can go into, one switched with the ignition and one not - perfect for camping trips. I move it to the unswitched to recharge cell phone and not have to turn on the key.



Just be careful that it will fit your vehicle - read other reviews here.

This is an awesome product if you want a very nice looking and functional USB power outlet in your car. The cigarette lighter socket in my MB ML450H is inside the ash tray and pops up when you pull out the tray. No other USB adapter would let me close the tray when not in use without removing the adapter itself. I love that when this is plugged-in, it looks like the USB port was built-in from the factory - the chrome part is a very nice touch. It is so low-profile that I can close the ash tray drawer without removing the adapter!!! AWESOME! Get one for your car! I hope that they will come out with higher power adapter that can charge an iPad.

Cool design but poor quality. The silver band in the photo is a pull handle that flips out for you to extract the charger from the power socket. The first time I removed it (which unfortunately is beyond the 30 day return policy), the handle broke right through the plastic face that has the elago logo on the front. Completely cracked right through. Thin cheap plastic. Im fired up. Should have bought another brand.

These charge just fine and work on my EVO 4G. BUT....The plastic is cheap. I purchased 3. One was cracked when I got it and missing a chunk of plastic from the face on each side of the USB plug. I returned that one for a refund. Now the other 2 are cracked in the same places. I leave them plugged in the car 100% of the time so there is no reason for them to crack. Luckily, although they are cracked, they still function normally. Also, another big problem is they do not fit in all cars. For example, it fits in only 1 of the 2 power outlets in a '09 Mazda 6, and will not fit either power outlet in a 2010 CX-7. Basically, for this to fit, your car needs to have NO obstruction such as a door/cover for your 12 volt power outlet. I'm shopping for low profile replacements... I would have given it 3 or 4 stars if I didn't have 3 of them with cracked plastic.

As any product should, this one works perfectly. There are lots more going for this product than just its functionality, though.



The design is rather elegant, and I think the green LED is the most convenient feature of it. It is there to show that it is working. In my case this is especially convenient because it also shows me where to plug my USB device in. If the plug you are using is in a dark area, this will help tremendously. I cannot imagine looking for the USB port if there was no LED indicator, as the power plug I'm using in my car is in the darkest area on planet earth.

The next thing that has it going for it is also its design. While many other charging accessories jut out like a sore thumb, this one is very low-profile. Being very critical the first time I put it in, I could not find any fault in what it looked like; that is because it looked like it was part of the car originally. It almost seemed like it was not an add-on, but rather an included accessory or an optional accessory the dealer made.

The next praise is also design-based. The metallic plastic portion of the charger is actually a loop that allows you to easily remove the charger! It is so simple and elegant, I did not realize that until a month later. The design of it was so integrated I could not tell even after knowing what it is for.

In fact, the whole unit seems like it is part of the car originally.



That is not to say this product does not have a fault. In fact, there is a rather large flaw in my case that prevented it being the perfect product.



I do not know about other cars, but this unit is slightly lose in the socket of my car. If I were to quickly pull out the USB plug from this unit, the unit will partially come out of the socket as well. I definitely believe the fit should be more snug so it can stay in more securely. Although not a huge problem, it is a nuisance.



However, I can safely say that was the only (slight) problem I have encountered with this product. I am very pleased with this purchase, and will not hesitate to recommend this product to you or anybody I know. - Elago - Low Profile - Usb Charger - Iphone Charger'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information