Tuesday 5 July 2011

Jobsite Radio - radio, jobsite radio


I've been looking for a great radio to use outdoors for volleyball and I loved the DeWalt's because they were heavy duty. I stumbled upon this Bosch on Google and read A LOT of reviews about it. I was SUPER worried about the sound quality considering the DeWalt's always cracked once they were pumped up just a bit loud.



I just received this product and BLASTED it with some bassy and high treble music and what happened? NOTHING BUT AWESOMENESS!!! The sound was SO CRISP and the subwoofer was GREAT!!! I even dropped this badboy from about 8 feet high, while playing a song, and it was GREAT!



Quality construction (except the huge knobs which are questionable) and GREAT sound quality! Bosch PB360S Basic Power Box Jobsite Radio

I own the previous Bosch radio, which was nice, though i never used the CD player and it didn't charge my litheon batteries. This one charges them, not as fast as the charger unit, but still. The sound is great, even better than the previous, as the subwoofer is a very nice touch! Build quality is great, the size is smaller and much more sleek and updated looking. I'd buy it again!



Now if i could find a buyer for the old one?!

There are quite a few jobsite radios out there now and it seems like every major tool manufacturer now has one. There are only two that I know of that recharges batteries and that's the DeWalt and the Bosch (who probably licensed the technology from DeWalt because of the lawsuit). I bought this one over the DeWalt because I like the Bosch litheon series of cordless tools.



The sound from the unit is great. It really pumps out clear highs and it's got a subwoofer on the bottom for really nice bass. I did have one complaint and it's when you have the volume set at a low level (under 3 or 4). You can hear an audible hissing and it get's worse (like a hum) when you plug it in and it charges the battery. It probably has to do with interference from the charging circuit. As for the hiss, who knows...



Some reviewers mentioned that this really isn't an upgrade cuz it doesn't play CDs, cassettes, and/or 8-tracks. Are you kidding me? Who plays 8-tracks anymore? And if you ask your 8 year old about cassettes, they'll look at you funny and probably ask you if you meant one of those Nintendo cartridges.



This radio is pretty heavy and it's got a roll cage to protect it from falls. It's got 20 presets for FM, it can play music from SD and USB, and it has two mini-stereo AUX inputs that you can connect to your iPod or iPhone (it even includes a short cable for that purpose). It also has a 12V lighter socket which I use with my iPhone car charger. Unfortunately you can't use the charger (which is on the outside) and keep your ipod inside the sealed compartment at the same time.



The unit also has two AC plugs but I wouldn't power my 15 amp corded tools through those. I mainly use them for my cordless tool battery chargers. Oh and if you do leave your radio unplugged it seems that it drains the 18v 2.6 litheon battery (which I purchased separately) rather quickly. Perhaps a couple of days in standby; definitely won't last more than a week or so.



One more thing, when you change audio sources with the source button, it seems to take a while to switch. The button press isn't instantaneous.

I really bought this because I wanted to use an SD card to play music but I haven't had much luck getting it to work. It will play the first 5 songs and then either stop playing or repeat the first 5 again. I've tried putting the music in a folder, not putting them in a folder, numbering the songs, not numbering the songs and I've tried different SD cards ..... so .... I'm unhappy because that's the reason I bought it. It's very heavy and would be a huge hassle to send in for repair so I'm stuck with a $185. radio .... but it does sound great.

I saw this radio at the IWF show in atlanta and it really has fantastic sound with 4 speakers on each top corner and a sub woofer on the bottom you can plug in you iphone, ipod or even a usb chip and play your music all day.



they have 2 models the difference is the other one has remote control and access to syrys radio.



plus it still has the plug etc. I highly recommend this for rocking and rolling at the job site all day and for parties all night. !

I owned the previous version of this radio as well, and this one is even better. The 360 sound is great, as is the addition of the subwoofer, and the radio tuning is better (though it still could use a little something, particularly on the AM dial). But the second aux input, line out, and digital music bay are outstanding, as is the new roll cage design. Highly recommended.

Hello I bought the PB360S and it was great but then I found out about the 360D being a little louder I had to have it. When i got it it was just as it said. I could have a party and it will work out just fine. I bought an 8 gig SD card to put about 1000 songs for the areas where you cant get reception thats all I need. I love this Radio and Im sure Im going to use it for a long time to come whether you get the 360s or D you will be happy.

I got this as a gift for x-mas and ever since I got it I look for any reason to use it. The sound on this bad boy is so dam good, I might even go as far to say that it might even sound better then my Bose radio! This box can get pretty loud and it will fill open spaces and large rooms with its awesome sound. The roll cage is built solid and will take pretty high falls. But if this thing falls don't worry about the box worry about your floor this thing weighs in at a hefty 25 pounds. There is nothing wrong with this machine that I can find, it is prefect. Bosch has really out done them selfs on this product. Nothing else on the market can compete with this box-of-awesomeness! - Radio - Jobsite Radio'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Jobsite Radio - radio, jobsite radio radio Jobsite Radio - radio, jobsite radio