Wednesday 13 July 2011

Tilting Wall Mount - wall mount, lcd wall mount


Mounted our new 65" plasma weighing about 105 pounds according to mfg. I realize it is a couple inches larger than specs say, but this tv is also below weight, so you decide.



Biggest problem was with the bracket that mounts to the wall. It is only about 18" wide. The issue is when it comes to centering on the wall. On our wall, in order to mount this bracket on two studs, the bracket has to be about 4" off center. Since I have such a wide tv, that means that the VESA mount is at the limit on the bracket, and thus you do not have any room to move the tv from side to side on the mount. Further, if the tv is off center on this bracket, it tends to make the tv a bit off balance. Again, the tv we are using is much below the recommended weight, so seems like that shouldn't happen.



I ended up mounting a 3/4 inch plywood board to wall, covering 3 studs, and then mounting this bracket to that board. The tv hides the board, so not really an issue, and it is painted to match the wall.



On the plus side the bracket is great for getting behind the tv, or changing the angle. Seems very sturdy, and indeed held me up ( about 180lbs) when I was testing it.



Out of the box, the bracket is very tough to move, but once the tv is up, the weight of the tv seems to make it move more easily. I went a further and oiled the hinge areas. This greatly freed up the movement, but almost too much, as just touching the tv will allow it to move now. So you might want to avoid doing that.



Lastly, as other reviewers have stated, go to your local hardward store and buy better lag bolts. The bolts they provide to mount the tv seem fine and I used those with no issues. But the lag bolts they provide just look scary cheap and it is easy to believe those that say they twisted the heads off. I tossed mine and upgraded to some nice thick 5/16 inch variety. I sleep with no concerns about them breaking. VideoSecu TV Wall Mount for Most 32"- 55" LCD LED Plasma Articulating TV mount, Full Motion Dual Arm Bracket with free HDMI cable MW360B 1SR

I think this is a good bargain. Hold my 40" Proscan LCD nicely (40 something pound).

It is not super heavy duty but strong enough for new larger LCD TVs

(you might want a heavy duty hanger for larger heavy plasma TVs)



1. You fist assemble the vertical bars then secure it to the wall.

2, You then attach the back plate and TV holding bar to your TV

(it even comes with spacer and many many screws for different type of VESA standard mount, nice!)

3. You then hang your TV to the mount (using the hooks on the top of the TV plate)

4. Slide your TV left or right to position you want

5. Adjust the tile angle with the built-in screw with handle (nice feature)

6. Screw down the 2 secure screws at the bottom of the mount so the TV will not accidentally pop-out.

7. Enjoy your TV.



This is really a good deal (Thirty something with shipping, very good deal).



BTW, the bubble level come in the mount is not mount properly. Use a good leveler instead.

This mount looks very much like the CheetaMount but cheaper.

VideoSecu LCD Flat Panel Screen Plasma 32"- 55" TV Monitor Tilt VESA 660x400 Wall Mount MF606B 1QH



This LCD TV mount is everything you can expect from a high quality product. It is made from heavy gauge steel with a good finish. All hardware is included to mount to any TV specified which I used on a 32" Vizio LCD TV. WarehouseSeller is an excellent seller that sells quality products at a very good price, and very fast shipping. I took a chance on buying this TV mount, and I am very satisfied with my purchase, since a similiar TV mount would have costed me $75.00 elsewhere. I highly recommend buying this TV mount from WarehouseSeller.

I bought this wall mount for my 58" plasma that weighs in at 160 pounds. The installation is quick and easy, and this thing will hold some weight!



In order to set/adjust the tilt you will need to read the other reviews. They mention ways of sticking screws in the slot to stop the TV from dipping too far down. This is an easy fix. The only difference between the $$300 mount at the store and this one is you will need to do this for heavier TVs.



Save your money... Buy this.

This TV Mount is a very good deal, not just for the money. No reason to spend more money on a supposed "better" mount. The one just like it at Walmart is 299 dollars - what a ripoff. The quality of the steel is good and it holds my 42" LG to the wall well. I like the tilt and swivel functions so I can watch TV anywhere in my apartment.



Mounting the TV to the wall can be done with one person without too much hassle but 2 people would be ideal. I did it by myself to get it done. I used 3.5" drywall screws straight into the studs (X4). then the other 2 pieces mounted to the back of my TV easily and I had my TV hung on the wall in 20 minutes or less.



The mount is very solid and does not sag at all. It has built in cable management and looks great once it's installed.



There are a ton of screws to use for whatever TV you have so it comes with everything. I didn't think that the included screws were good enough for mounting to the wall so that's why I used my own (longer) screws to pierce the studs and mount the base to the wall. - Tv Wall Mounts - Tilting Wall Mount - Lcd Wall Mount - Wall Mount'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information