Wednesday 13 July 2011

Potholder - oven, mitt


These "hot" gloves fit like most regular gloves, and there-in lies the rub. One would not grab a hot oven dish with regular, snowball throwing gloves, and that's what it felt like. But with some "build-up", from warm to hotter plates, my wife worked up to a confidence level where she now prefers these Oven Gloves. They are not as bulky as classic mitts. They work fine, but are kinda thin, so you wouldn't want to just hold a 400 degree dish while watching the end of NCIS. You can take it out of the oven and move it to the counter without problem.

I received this as a gift about 2 years ago and still use it daily! It has held up well even with daily use. I feel very little heat when using it. Since getting mine, my sister-in-law and mother now have one too. I highly recommend this product for those who cook often and for those who barely cook!

My mom gave me 2 of these gloves for Christmas. I have to admit that I was a little skeptical at first as the gloves seem to be very thin. I am used to my cumbersome but protective mitts when I barbecue, so far they've done the trick, but it is very difficult to properly manipulate all of the barbecue tools with a mitt.

The gloves allow very easy handling of forks, flat spatulas, tongs and brushes. Oiling the meat with a brush is no challenge with these gloves on, no chance of dropping anything.

From a heat protection stand point, my first fears were quickly gone when I tried to slide one of the bbq grids, after it was lit for 15 minutes. The metal was certainly very hot, but the glove had more than enough insulation to let me do the job without taking the heat. It feels weird at first as you barely can feel the glove on your skin, but the protection is there.

In addition to resistance to burn, the very thick cotton mesh liner seem to make the glove resistant to cuts as well. In fact I am now slicing the meat with the gloves on, which saved some skin already.

The light color is nice but they can become dirty quickly. I brushed off most of the residues after it dried, but eventually I will have to wash the gloves. The good news is that unlike flame retardants, these can be washed without losing their properties.

Hands down, my number one pick hand saver all around the kitchen.

As long as they dont get wet, these gloves rule the kitchen! Great dexterity, completely insulated, & they even have a little loop inside to hang them by!

A little bit large, but that way they accomodate my husbands hands too. I bought 2 so that I'd have both hands protected. I just hope they launder well.

I like the dexterity these gloves give you when compaired to standard mits. I was a bit skeptical at first because they are pretty thin, but they work great. I have pretty large hands and the gloves were a little tight at first but fit fine now. Really great for tedious grilling over high heat. A+ product.

Bought 2 for my husband's Christmas gift. He didn't like the regular oven mitts and wanted to try something like these. We both love these and have never felt any heat when taking things out of the oven or off the BBQ. - Glove - Potholder - Oven - Barbecue - Mitt - Gloves'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information