Sunday 17 July 2011

Sony Walkman Dfj041cd - sony walkman dfj041cd, cd player


This is one of the best CD players I've used. I listen to a lot of Books on Tape and this player picks up exactly where you leave off even if you stop it to do something else for awhile. It's fairly good about playing scratched CDs and has not jumped while I have been working out in the yard or walking with it. The ear phones are OK but get bit irritating after wearing them for a time. If you are looking for a good CD portable player without the radio, this is it. It is pretty light on battery use also. Sony DEJ011 CD Walkman« Portable CD Player

When I first began listening to CDs with this Sony player I was not impressed with the sound as it lacked presence and clarity. I played with some of the functions, such as the Mega bass boost, which resulted in too much bass, then I tried using the AVLS automatic volume limiter - a function I have no use for.

I found my answer through a careful read of the instructions regarding "G" protection, which is an anti-skip function that when turned on (G-on), and which is how my unit was set from the factory, the sound quality is just ok. You can improve the sound quality greatly by following these steps to disable G protection: With the unit turned off, press and hold down the fast forward button, then press the play button while looking at the display window. As you continue to hold down the fast foward button, press and release the play button and every time you do you will see the display readout cycle from G-off to G-on to G-off..etc. If you leave it on "G-off" you will benefit from the best sound this unit can produce. I'm using Grado SR-60i headphones, and the sound (in a quiet room) is simply astounding.

I bought this to while away the 40 minute bus ride to work. It's a great little machine. Simple and straightforward, compact and easy to operate. The battery life is good. I'm at about hour 10 and still going strong. Actually the battery insertion is not the easiest, and the earphones that come with it are not very good; mine were broken on the second day (mysteriously, a wire poked through the earpiece) so make sure you have your own. But as I said the player works great, and the battery life is good. As for the battery insertion - actually the battery removal, take the innermost battery out first.

The motor on this thing burned out at 120 days. As it is out of its 90 day warranty (all but useless anyway), I now have a $30 piece of junk. This player has been treated with TLC, no drops, no bangs, no thumps, no mistreatment of any kind.



If you purchase this player, please listen to your motor. If it is giving off audible noises (it should be almost dead silent) so that you need to have the player further away from you just so the noise doesn't degrade the music, you are hearing the motor burn out. If you are within the warranty period, I suggest you return it immediately. Don't wait for the end.



On start up, if the unit does any searching at all to find the first track, or gives you a "no disk" message, you are looking at a failing player. It should just kick to the first track and play.



The earphones are pretty useless for me. They are "in ear" and if they don't fit, you'll quickly be looking for a new set. That's a questionable investment given the low manufacturing quality of the player.



The track programming is very limited. It works only in numeric sequence, i. e. track 1, 2, 3, etc. You cannot program say, tracks 3, 1, 2. Also the programming act itself is clumsy and difficult to get right.



The player just feels flimsy and cheap. I don't have any better suggestions, but this thing is not a first choice. Unfortunately cd players seem to be dieing off under the mp3 deluge.

Pro:

- anti-skid really works here. No skid of any kind,

- battery saver big time,

- internal battery compartment, won't fall out by accident (goes well with anti-skid)

- remembers where it left off! If I open the cover and close and restart, it starts from where it left off!



Neutral:

- sound quality is ok, no better or worth than my $300 Yamaha or my $9.99 generic brand player from Target. The trick is the headphone. I only listen with Grado SR325 or SR125. Any CD play sounds equally fantastic. It's all in the disk, all in the headphone jack. You just need the right headphone to bring it out to your ears.



Con:

- buttons too small and hard to decipher, display is TINY and almost impossible to read. Doesn't come with AC power converter. But for $30 at Target, I shall withdraw my complaint and give it a 5-star rating instead.





Save your bucks for a pair of great the Grado headphone set. It's not the player. BTW, only reason I returned the $9.99 one and got the Sony instead is that the generic brand player doesn't have anti-skd and any slight touch will make it play from the very beginning - too annoying. - Portable Cd - Sony Walkman Dfj041cd - Cd Player - Personal Cd Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


portable cd Sony Walkman Dfj041cd - sony walkman dfj041cd, cd player