Sunday 17 July 2011

Ipod Classic Case - shades, ipod classic case


This is honestly one of the best cases I have ever bought. I love how sleek and slim Apple's Ipod is, but I hate most of the cases out there because they are soooo big and bluky or do really dont protect that well. I have tried numerous cases, such as the clear hard cases several silicon cases, and the skins, each have several drawbacks, but the hard cases get dirt in them that scratch up the ipod, plus they are hard to remove. Silicon cases make it hard to turn the click wheel and stick in pockets, and the skins dont cover part of the ipod on corners and such.

After reading several reviews I decided to give Shades a chance. I got my case in the mail in about one business day. I love the case! It completely covers my ipod, doesnt interfere with the click wheel, is super sleek and slim, and is super easy to remove to clean. I would definitely recommend this case to to all my friends and family, in fact I am going to order one for my mom's birthday! Shades iPod Classic 6G/7G Case/Skin - 80, 120, 160GB(2009 Model) - Ultra Violet

I ordered this product after reading several positive reviews.



The first shipment of the item was defective (the clear plastic over the video screen was scratched bad enough that it showed when trying to watch videos) so I reported the situation to customer service. They were fast to respond to my e-mail, polite, and quickly sent out a replacement item for me.



Other than that one manufacturing defect, the case was beautiful. The color is brilliant, even on the black model of the iPod Classic, and the scroll wheel works surprisingly well. I have had other cases of smiliar design made from similar materials, and the biggest problem I have had with them is that using the scroll wheel is pretty much impossible because it doesn't register the touch.



Kudos to the folks over at Shades for getting it right and producing such a great product - and in so many vibrant colors, too... I can't decide which one to get next!

Shades iPod Classic 6G Case/Skin - 80, 120, 160GB(2009 Model) - Serene Green

This is not my first rodeo or iPod case for that matter. But this is definitely the best case I have had. The pod still fits in my stereo docking station as well as the car mount and all the jack-plugs still work. My screen is unscratched and the track wheel is clean. My 160 GB classic pod has the chrome finish back that used to show finger prints from oil on my hands, well no more. And my screen is always clean and not a single scratch on it. Easy to to put on and at the price I can change colors to match my car interior etc. Good stuff!!!

The color on this is great, espcially with the silver. However, once the case is on, the click wheel is impossible to use. You end up pressing too hard to adjust the volume which keeps changing the song, which is just silly. It is too thick to use the click wheel and too thin to provide protection. Not a good option.

I bought this case because I liked the color and I had a similar one for my itouch before that I loved. However, to my great disappointment and frustration, this case is the worst I've ever had. The most aggravating element is that the plastic doesn't allow your touch to be registered so I can't scroll, which with an ipod classic does pose quite the problem. Secondly, the case sticks to the ipod creating bubbles and spots that one, look awful, and two, interfere with visibility of the screen. So, hoping to solve these problems of scrolling and visibility, I decided to cut out the clear plastic that covers the wheel and screen. Now, I was sure this would greatly improve my experience with the case at least making it usable, however, I soon found that the case is so tight and stuck to the ipod that it is impossible to remove the case without tearing or cutting it off. So all around, NOT pleased with this purchase.

When I saw this I thought this will be perfect. Now that I have it, I honestly think the price I paid for it was too much. All it is, is plastic and the pictures are very deceiving. I like the color it's perfect. I like the way that it makes my iPod stay slim but the click wheel doesn't work when it's on. I had to cut that out. Other than that it's a great product. Maybe you should not have plastic over where the click wheel is. Also, it's very hard to get my iPod out of it. Literally took me 4 minutes to get it out of the case so I could clean it. I like that it covers my screen and protects my iPod but it isn't worth $18.

The case goes on fairly easily and it's good protection, but I literally had to CUT MY IPOD OUT OF THE CASE! I had to make a cut along the side so I could get it out, after nearly ripping off my fingernails trying to take it off. I guess some people never want to take their ipod out ever again, but I like to take it out every so often to clean it, and you really can't do that. It's also very difficult to scroll. Sometimes it takes multiple tries to turn up the volume or scroll to another song. - Shades - Ipod Skin - Ipod Classic Case - Ipod Accessories'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information