Monday 11 July 2011

Ripped Off - bad value, amazon


As previous reviewer noticed, this BubbleWrap has small bubbles, so it will work better with smaller items. If you send something relatively big, you'd rather go with bigger bubbles as you may need several layers of smaller ones to nicely protect your stuff.

Duck Brand is respected for its quality and this product is no exception. Despite some missing bubbles, it's a pretty decent product and it'll meet your needs.



offtop: I've wasted one roll just by popping bubbles on it, it's so much fun :-) Duck Brand Bubble Wrap Protective Packaging, 12" x 60' (1061835)

I almost didn't order this because of another review that said it was low-quality bubble wrap unsuitable for moving. In reality, it is totally normal bubble wrap like any other. Just be aware it's the mini-bubbles and not the wide ones.



I think this must be one of the best deals on Amazon. Some stores will charge $20+ for one roll of bubble wrap. This is 8 rolls for $13.99. I was shocked by the HUGE box this arrived in. Thank you, Amazon!

Ok, here we go. I ordered this 3 months ago. 8 Pack of bubblewrap. I get the currently on back order, we'll ship asap once it's available again. OK, fast foward to Dec. Package arrives with 1 pack of bubblewrap. Customer service says Sorry, we do not have anymore. Please return it to use for a refund. But, if you look at the item, they will still accept your order. So, they won't honor my original order for the 8 pack but they will accept new ones. The listing shows 1 bubblewrap, but I saved the original item with an 8 pack for the same price. I don't want a refund, I want what I ordered. Now I have to take time out of my day for their error.

Same thing happened to me. I waited patiently 3 1/2 months for my 8 rolls of bubble wrap only to be shocked this afternoon when only one roll arrived. Where's the other 7 rolls to complete my order???? I ordered this in August and today one eighth of my order showed up. HELP!!!!

I was also part of the group of people that ordered when it said it was an 8 pack. I think it's funny how upset people get because of a simple error in the listing. It's not like this is the only product Amazon is selling people.



As for the actual product, this works great. The roll is nice and convenient and it protects stuff well just as it should. People giving it bad reviews are just bitter and are not actually reviewing the product so they should be ignored.

Ordered this since it was a great deal on an 8 pack I believe? I know it specifically said it was a lot more than 1. It was backordered month after month. I was fine waiting since it was supposed to be such a great deal. When it finally arrived, it was 1 pack of wrap for a much higher price than walmart could have sold it to me for. I was totally ripped off and was too busy to try to dispute it. The bubble wrap is fine and I have no problem with the product itself but the seller nailed me good.

This helps me package about 30 small packages without worrying about packing.

obviously the "8-pack" was a mistake.

selling 8 packs of these for $10 would not even be worth it for the seller.

heck, shipping these wraps would costs that much

I was completely ripped off by Amazon on this order. Was supposed to receive what I paid for, that being an 8 roll pack of 12'x60' Duck Brand Bubblewrap. Instead I receive 1 roll, which I ordered October 12th and didn't receive until December 22nd (still have another package in transit since I ordered a qty of 2 of the 8 packs). There isn't even a place to contact customer service about this. I paid 13.99 for 1 stinking roll of bubblewrap. I feel completely cheated. I agree with the other reviewer this was a bait and switch. So Amazon, do you want to pay me for all the other rolls you owe me and maybe some interest on the money of mine you held for 3 months to boot. The most horrible online shopping experience I have ever had. Additionally, the roll of wrap comes with a huge sticker affixed to one end causing you to rip the edges of the bubble wrap along the entire roll since the sticker was not easily removable. By the way, you can get 60 feet of bubblewrap cheaper by just going to a local office supply or department store when it is on sale. This was not a good bargain and Amazon only refunded me for one roll. My request fro compensation for the other package missing 7 rolls was never acknowledged and unless they feel compelled to make it right, once and for all I will never again will I order from Amazon.

I too think this was a bait and switch. I ordered 2 8-Packs of this BubbleWrap back in September. I accepted 2 order extensions from Amazon and it was finally delivered today. There was only one roll for each order. I was told by customer service that the original listing was in error and should have only been for 1 roll. All corrospondence I have received from Amazon for 3 months listed Item # 1061835 Duck Brand Bubble Wrap Protective Packaging, 12" x 60' as an 8-pack. Why was the 8-pack offered and shipped at the $13.99 price for so long if it was all a mistake? The listing only changed today as far as I can tell.



After speaking with 3 reps, I have received a full refund, but I am still upset that I was not shipped what I ordered. I can understand 3rd party sellers falling short like this, but not Amazon directly.



I am very disappointed that so much time was wasted on this transaction. I guess I will have to purchase my shipping supplies elsewhere. Sadly, I am no longer an Amazon cheerleader. - Amazon - Bad Value - Ripped Off'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ripped Off - bad value, amazon ripped off Ripped Off - bad value, amazon