Monday 11 July 2011

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Battery


If you have shopped around for Dell laptop batteries, you know that this one is WAY cheaper than the one that Dell sells directly. My original Dell battery only lasted 2 years so why would I go to Dell and pay $150 for a replacement when I could get a no-frills brand battery for only $28 including shipping? Even if this no-frills battery only lasts me 6 months, I am still way ahead of the game. OK, I will come down from my soapbox and tell you that this $28 battery fit perfectly into our Dell laptop, and performs well. After a full charge, it runs the laptop for many hours before needing a recharge. Even at $100, this would be a great deal. At $28, this is a no-brainer. I recommend this battery for anyone who needs a replacement or spare battery for thier Dell laptop. NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545

I tried to save money and it came back to bite me. The battery does not charge. My Dell Inspirion 1545 says plugged in not charging. It didn't work straight out of the package. VERY disappointing! Sadly, I even read the reviews of this happening to others and thought surely it wouldn't happen to me. How could someone sell a faulty item and get away with it? I so wish I had just bought a battery from Dell. I guess its time to read the return policy. I will update after I return it.

Dell's battery that came in my wife's laptop would never provide more than 2 hours of up time. I complained to Dell, but you know how that goes. This replacement battery provides double the original battery provided.NEW Laptop/Notebook Battery for Dell Inspiron 1525 1526 1545

let me start out by saying that I was quite skeptical of buying a battery online for half the price that Dell offers them at, but being the extremely broke college student that I am, I really didn't have much of a choice. Let me tell you that so far, this product is great. (its only been a few days, but all seems well) Fits perfectly into my inspiron 1525, and holds a charge for over 3 hrs while surfing the internet and through constant use. I would suggest this product to anyone and am extremely satisfied. great product, and it arrived at my door within 4 days. Will change my rating to a 5 star after i have owned it for a month or so if it continues to work like this.

This battery works perfectly well for my Dell Inspiron 1525, but it turns out the battery was not the problem. I was getting (plugged in, not charging) message and I thought the battery just died? The real problem after getting the new battery and it still didn't charge, was the AC Adaptor? The computer worked with the AC Adaptor but it just didn't charge for some reason? I tried another adaptor from my wife's Dell and it worked and started charging the battery. I guess I will just keep the battery for later. Now I just need to get a new AC Adaptor.

Battery initially didn't work with my laptop. I contacted customer service for help and they sent me a condescending email treating me like an ignorant child. I had to look for an outside source to get the battery working and once I did it only holds a charge for less than 2 hours if I'm lucky on low power settings. Also after leaving negative feedback their customer service department has harassed me sending me multiple emails trying to get me to change my review feedback (I also want to note that they immediately contacted me after the negative feedback unlike when I initially contacted them for help and it took them a few days). I highly advise looking for your battery replacement from a different seller.

It seemed to work for about a week but then stopped accepting a charge. Fortunately, Amazon stands behind the products that they sell. They made it easy for me to return it for a full refund. I will try again to find a functional replacement laptop battery.

I've had my Inspiron 1545 for about a year and a half (bought it new) and first my charging cable died out of nowhere, then I got an alert saying my battery was basically dying for good. Dell wanted me to shell out $130 for this cable. With expedited shipping, I still paid $100 less and the battery works perfectly. It's in my computer right now as I type this. Long story short, Dell is a terrible, money hungry company who drastically overcharges for shoddy equipment, and items like this are the perfect solution.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information