Friday 8 July 2011

Kindle Accessory - screen protector, kindle 2 screen protector


Don't waste your time or money. First of all, they are quite difficult to apply, much more so than the Palm sets which I've applied before. Secondly, you get one (1) in the package! That's right, for $12.95 you get only one! Truly a rip off from my point of view.



I never could get this one completely free of bubbles; close, but not anything one would be proud of. When I did finally get it to where it was 'usuable', I turned on my Kindle and discovered that the anti-glare sheet actually detracted from the quality of the print on the screen, both in natural and artificial light. Now, by the time I got to that point, both the anti-glare sheet and I were wearied. I removed it and discarded the sheet along with my $12.95.



The Kindle screens are not interactive so you really don't need this product anyway as you would with a Palm.



Save your money! BoxWave Kindle (1st Generation) ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protector (Single Pack)

As a Kindle owner for the past 10 months, I would say this this product is not necessary. Kindle does not have an interactive screen, so you don't need to be touching or writing on it. I can also testify that the screen itself is very tough, as the arm that held up the middle of the awning on our travel trailer fell directly onto it from a height of at least 6 feet last May. The screen was not damaged, although there is a small mark at the point of impact underneath. It affects the display for about a single letter (the ink techonlogy), but the screen itself was not damaged. This baby is tough.

I purchased a Clear Touch screen protector for my Kindle, even though it was more expensive than competitors. I went by the fact that it was sold by Amazon. The only good news is that it is cut to fit the Kindle. The bad news is that it is extremely hard to install. When I finally got it lined up reasonably well, I could not get all the bubbles out, particularly along some of the edges. I finally gave up and took the screen protector off, tried putting back on again, and the same trouble. I tried three times with a lot of effort but no success. This is the first really disappointing product I have gotten from Amazon.

I received a Kindle2 as a gift from my husband because I am an avid reader. Since my husband wanted to protect my Kindle2 screen from my heavy use (fingerprints, scratches, and the occasional dog drool), he ordered the Kindle ClearTouch Anti-Glare Screen Protector for me to install. Because of a back-order, snail mail, and my laziness, I ended up using my Kindle2 for about 3 weeks before applying the screen protector.



I installed per instructions, but had trouble placing the protector on straight without bubbles. It took me several tries to square things up and "squeegee" out the bubbles. The next morining after using my Kindle for several hours, irritating "white noise" crackled intermittently out of my speakers. Later that afternoon, the Kindle started acting screwy. Finally that night, I couldn't open a book. While on the phone with Kindle Customer Service, my Kindle gave up the ghost and died.



Later that week while throwing away the screen protector packaging, I came across a NOTICE from the manufacturer on a sepearate piece of paper, not on the instructions. The Notice states that the maker of the screen protector is NOT responsible for any damage due to the use of water on the screen while installing the protector - that water and electrical devices don't mix.



If I had read the strongly worded Notice before installing the product, I probably wouldn't have put the screen protector on my Kindle2. I know that I can't prove the use of a small amount of soapy water killed my Kindle. But my Kindle was working fine for about 3 weeks; I put on the protector, and 24 hours later, my Kindle2 died.



Pleas note, the protector made my screen more prone to glare and hard to read due to a "wavy" surface. Also, I've had my new Kindle2 for about 2 months and have found that the screen can withstand heavy use, even sticky fingers and the occasional dog drool.



At best, you don't need it - at worst, it could kill your Kindle2.

I think Amazon should include this product or one similar with the Kindle. I was nervous about the screen getting scratched and finally got smart and looked for a screen protector. It did take a few tries to get the bubbles to the edge of the screen, but I'm really pleased with it and pleased with how it cuts down on the glare. It is easily removed if you need to clean it or want to work bubbles out.

I really do recommend this product to Kindle owners.

I have gotten boxwave screen protectors before and have been generally satisfied with them. I have gotten pretty good at applying these suckers perfectly, but for some reason, I could not get this one installed perfectly. The corners are not rounded, so it is difficult to get them into the rounded corners of the kindle 2 since the screen protector is a tiny bit bigger than the screen at these corners. You almost have to put the corners in first, at which point you can't get the bubbles out anymore.



The best screen protectors include the liquid that you spray on it, that helps smooth out bubbles, which boxwave does not include. I used some that I had left over from some other screen protectors, and still couldn't get this on perfect. Stay away from this. It's not really necessary anyway as other reviewers have mentioned. - Screen Protector - Screen Protectors - Kindle - Kindle 2 Screen Protector'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information