Wednesday 20 July 2011

Booklight - book light, reading light


I purchased two of these; one to go in my e-reader accessories pouch and one for my bedside table. The light is much brighter than it really needs to be, but that's not a problem except for a super light-sensitive sleeper, as another reviewer mentioned. The lights are inexpensive, small, light and extremely portable, and I was lucky enough to find a pink one. The battery cover is very easy to manipulate and I love that the light takes two AAA batteries.



Here's how it works: The light is made a bit like an alligator clip. When the clip is opened, the light comes on. There's a slot on the back lip of the clip, and the idea is to fit the back cover of the book into the slot. The clip opening can be adjusted for optimum lighting.



There are a couple of design issues purchasers should be aware of. It doesn't work as planned on very thick books. I'm reading Diana Gabaldon's latest, and it's thicker than the light's widest setting. I resolved this by slotting a group of pages in the middle of the book into the light and because it's so lightweight, that works just fine. For very large books, the bottom of the page is pretty shadowy, but that can be resolved by holding the light over the page. My e-reader, an Aluratek Libre, is a hair too thick to hold the light securely, but the size is perfect for the Libre's smallish screen.



Overall I'm happy with my GE Booklights. Thy're not perfect, but I'm thrilled that I can read at night without bothering anyone. GE 17228 LED Book Lights, Battery Operated Clip-On, Colors May Vary

I love these booklights! They are great! I bought one around Christmas for my daughter from Walmart and finally found them again here on Amazon. They are great because they use 3AAA batteries - no funky expensive flat watch-type batteries. They last quite a while and they work perfectly! My girls love them!

I got this booklight in pink at Walmart a couple years ago, for less than $5. Was so happy to find a booklight that doesn't take those expensive round batteries. This is a GREAT little light. Highly reccomend.

This booklight is so simple to use, clips on well, stores well, and is very bright. I love it and so does my child who loves to use it to read in bed.



I purchased mine at Wal-mart for around $5. Amazon has it way over priced currently, so shop around!



Great booklight. Highly recommend.

I picked this light up in a retail store and for the price, it really can't be beat. It takes 3 triple A batteries. It's nice and slim, so it fits easily into my purse and works great with my Kindle.

I was looking for a reading light for my Dad for Father's Day. My Mom saw these and thought it would be great. I ordered it and then went to WalMart and saw one for like 8 bucks. I was so bummed. Then the product came and it comes with one of each color which neither of us read down far enough to realize that. He loves it and it is perfect. My Mom ended up with one, my Dad has one for the trailer when they leave for the winter, and then the one he has for the house. They both absolutely love them. Great product. Now I just need to order myself a set.

I was looking for a book light which would operate with regular batteries (AAA) and wouldn't have a long, flexible neck. I have finally found this great book light! The design is simple and smart, and it's pretty compact. I love it!! I bought this blue one at WALMART and it was less than $5. I am thinking about getting another one as a little Christmas gift for my brother. - Book Light - Reading Light'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Booklight - book light, reading light book light Booklight - book light, reading light