Thursday 23 June 2011

Workout Music - waterproof mp3, aquatic mp3 player


Just wanted to pass along to other potential buyers and product researchers, that this MP3 player exceeded all my expectations! It is simple to use and sits snugly on the back of my head clipped onto my goggle strap. The sound is surprising! I mean I really thought that this player would be of cheap quality, but boy was I wrong. I have been looking at other under water MP3 players, but for the money, this one has them all beat. As the other reviewers have mentioned, the only thing that I found to be useless was the "over the ear" retainer clips for each ear bud. These may work for some, but depending on the wearers ear size and shape, it may not fit well. I removed mine and had no problems getting a seal in my ear. Keep in mind that these ear buds are made to stay dry and require a dry ear canal for the buds to work. They make an air tight seal with the rubber ridges on the buds to seal out any water. This may be uncomfortable for some, but it just takes a little getting used to. The sound is incredible once properly fit. Other conduction style models work by transfering the sound through your skull and not through your ear, however when you lift your ear out of the water while taking a breath, the sound drops out, which I think would be rather annoying. When these plugs are in, a small vacuum is pulled in your ear when the seal is made. As I said, this feels weird at first, but you get used to it easily. This vacuum seal almost completely blocks out any other sounds. This is great for listening to the music but may be a problem if someone was trying to call out to you. You will not likely hear them, they seal that well! All in all, I HIGHLY recommend this player to anyone who wants some music or a good beat to swim to. It will make your lap swims fly by. Cheers Speedo AquaBeat Special Edition LZR Racer 2GB MP3 Player

I got this one because of the better reviews compared to the non LZR version, but I believe they are the same, except that the LZR one has 2Gb of memory instead of 1Gb.

Pros: the player is really small and light, it attaches very easily to your goggles and you don't even notice it. The sound quality was good, much better than what I expected. For some reason they sound much better when they are under water (I would not recommend them for running, biking, etc). The earphones are comfortable and very rarely did water leak in and had to stop swimming, dry them and insert them again.

Cons: the player doesn't have a shuffle mode, so you might get tired of the same sequence after a while, and find yourself manually jumping songs as you swim, unless you have the time to order the songs on the mp3 in advance each time you want a different sequence. But, the worse part was that one of the earphones stopped working after four times. Because I liked them while they last, I am tempted to give them another shot and buy another pair.

Btw, as people already noticed, the earclips only cause trouble (at least that was the case for me), so I just removed them.

I swim 1500 meters 3 times a week

I've always wanted an mp3 that could go under water, but never knew of any until I discovered this product

Since I've had my player I've been swimming between 2000 and 2500 meters 4 days a week. My workout is great!

The product got shipped to Montreal within two days. Excellent.

Very easy to set-up. Since you have no screen, it helps to use the Speedo software to make sure your songs play in the order you want them to play.

When I first used the earphones I was disappointed since I was trying to use them with the ear guides that are attached to the actual speakers. Those plastic guides don't help and prevent a proper seal. Once you take them off, you'll be able to push the earplugs in properly to create a proper seal. I recommend using a bathing cap that goes over your ears to keep them in place [...]

Warning: When you pull out the ear buds it happens that the rubber bud will stay in your ear. The first time I freaked out since I couldn't get them out. Since then I've learned to take out the earpiece slowly by moving them up and down to break the seal. I was thinking of gluing the rubber to the earpiece but I'm afraid to block the sound. Just go slowly when you take them out.

Blues works best to me when I'm alone in my lane and rap gets me going when I need to keep up the tempo when sharing the lane. To each is own obviously. Have a great swim!

After water killed two ipods in H2O audio cases, I bought the speedo aquabeat. At first I thought it was great. I swim 6 days a wk so in about 5 months the aquabeat died. It is still under the warranty because I bought it in Feb 2010. I emailed speedo aquabeat customer support they said to send it back and I would get new earphones. Well the earphones were not under the 1 yr warranty, the player was. It took forever but finally I got a phone call from someone w/an accent that I had a hard time understanding, i.e., "press the reset button." After testing the device he sent it to me. I was very glad to have it back even if it had Christian religious songs on it (what if I was another religion?) Anyway, after 5 swims it died again. He called me and told me to press the reset button which was in a hole so you could not even see a button. I followed his instructions. Played the device 2 hrs then charged it. The next day it did not even last a lap. I have written 3 emails asking them to give me a refund or a new one because it is under the warranty. No answer.

Sent it back again a few wks ago. As of 10/13, I have received nothing. I asked them to replace it since they won't do a refund or send me a new one. Their 1 yr warranty on the player means they will send a replacement!



It came back and now I use it when my Lavod MP3 player goes out. It has been working. I still have not deleted the Christian songs...

This is my first waterproof MP3 player so I have nothing to compare it to, but I Love it!!! I did some research on the internet before selecting this one and this one had a lot of good reviews. It sounds great underwater and above water and is so easy to use. It is simple: on, off, forward, backward and volume. You can easily control it without looking. It sits on the back of your head attached to the goggle strap. If you do need to adjust the volume or skip a piece of music you can just reach back and do it while swimming-no need to look. I swim for over an hour almost every day and this MP3 player makes my swim time so much more enjoyable. I love it and would highly recommend it to anyone who spends a lot of time in the water. Oh, I also use it on land sometimes and it works great for that too. - Waterproof Player - Swimming - Waterproof Mp3 - Aquatic Mp3 Player'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Workout Music - waterproof mp3, aquatic mp3 player waterproof player Workout Music - waterproof mp3, aquatic mp3 player