Thursday 23 June 2011

Screen Protectors - screen protectors, nook


Good deal of 2 for $9-ish. Used it on my mom's color Nook and planning to use the other when I get one.



For me, it was easy to install, I did not have to re-position, but it helps to practice so you can eyeball where to place the film.



Make sure you clean the screen first. Another reason to get a screen protector when you get your e-reader. The included micro-fiber cleaning cloth was a nice touch :)



For first-timers, the film has a plastic coating on each side. Imagine a plastic film "sandwich" = Side 1 plastic sheet - The actual screen protector - Side 2 plastic sheet.



To install the film, you peel a little off Side 1 and place it at the top of the screen, and peel from underneath as you apply. As you do this, keep an eye out for air bubbles. Once Side 1 is applied, rub out the air bubbles with the included card and when you are satisfied, peel off Side 2, which is the top. Once you peel off Side 2 the screen protector is in place. I was actually afraid that I didn't do it right, as the protector is so thin and fit so perfectly. I could only tell it was installed from how the screen felt - to me it felt a little thicker, but it functions perfectly. There is no change in screen color either.



Definitely well worth the price for the protection!



p.s. a cute little fish skeleton keychain was included, love extras :) iShoppingdeals - (2 Packs) LCD Screen Protector Guard Film for Barnes & Noble NOOK COLOR eBook Reader (WiFi)

The screen cover fit very well after a couple of attempts and a little bit help from some extra hands. For the price you pay and the fact you get 2 of these, I believe it is a good deal. I have not taken it out in the sun, but as far as I know it's only designed to help protect the screen and not to reduce glare. This protector stays put very well while still allowing you to reapply it if you mess up during installation. A few other pros: doesn't interfere with touch screen sensitivity, not too thick but not too thin, washable, and comes double layered so when you are pushing the air bubbles out with a credit card or the given card - scratches aren't left on the actual screen protector itself (it will make more sense once you buy and apply this).



Cons: it wasn't free.

I bougght this for my kids' Nook Colors they recieved for Christmas. I was easy to put on, and came with a cloth to clean the screen and a card to help remove bubbles when applying. Plus it keeps the air bubbles out. A great product overall.

Putting this thing on the Nook Color is probably one of the most challenging things I've done. It's like any other screen protector and does the job okay. I don't know why it should cost $7.99 . I've given up trying to get rid of all the bubbles. It seems to be too big on one side. If I got 6 of these, I might get one to go on very well.



I did not get any cards with which to push out the bubbles out.

The price for this is good and it comes with a small cloth for cleaning and a small card-type plastic for you to push out the blubble while you paste screen protector. I am not an expect in its application but the good news is that you can redo it again and again and it still stay in shape. The price that I have paid came in 2 sets, which I think that it is worth the price that I have paid. The only con is that it is a finger print magnet.

I bought the B&N protectors and after about 2 months of use, it got pretty scratched up so I replaced it with these. The application, as with ALL screen protectors is a bit tricky if you try to go fast, so take it slow and think about what you are doing. Finger cheese (grease) seems to build up less on this protector less than my other protector and cleans very easily. It is also well constructed and comes with a nice little cloth to clean your screen with before the application process. Great for the price!

Sturdy, quality screen protector with a hard surface that mimics the actual screen. Feels almost as good as leaving the screen bare. Would buy again in a heartbeat. Comes w/ the protective plastic shielding on both sides so that you don't scratch the protector while you apply it. I use the same style protector on my phone (different company), and prefer it over the rubbery/tacky surface of other products.

The screen protector is specifically designed for the Nook Color so it fits perfectly. Though I suggest taking a nail clipper and snip off a tiny bit off the top 2 corners because of the rounded inner edges of the bezel. It'll make a perfectly flush fit off the top instead of leaving a tiny sliver of space.

It's my misunderstanding at fault for my dislike of the product. I was under the impression that the film cover would reduce the reflective glare on my Nook.. that isn't the case with these covers. Aside from that, the covers were difficult for me to try to attach, and in all honesty ended up not using them at all. - Nook - Screen Protectors'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Screen Protectors - screen protectors, nook screen protectors Screen Protectors - screen protectors, nook