Thursday 23 June 2011

Cables Unlimited Serial Ata Cable Kit - sata cables, power cables


I bought these based on the same product's reviews on newegg, and they worked great for me! I saw another amazon review that said they didn't stick in place well, and I'm sorry to hear they didn't work for them. I have been building computers for many years now and these are just as good as any cables you can spend a lot more for. They have metal clasps on the sata cables that hold the connections in place, and the connection's so secure I can pick up a 3.5in drive just by the cable. The power adapter cable is useful as well, and essential for many computers. Used it to add a backup drive in a server and it's been working flawlessly this whole time. Cables Unlimited Serial ATA Cable Kit

I must admit, I'm a fairly tolerent person, but these cables moved me to write in order to warn others and ease my frustration. These cables will absolutely not stay connected to my disk drives! A breeze from the cooling fans, nay, a stray thought, and these puppies pop out (the power connectors are fine). An absolute and total waste of money. I gave these one star, only because I couldn't figure out how to give them zero. DO NOT BUY THESE.

My external USB drive failed. I took it apart and was surprised to learn that the enclosure was bad and the 300 gb drive (a SATA!) worked fine - after changing the jumper settings. I am now using it as a second internal drive. The cables work great.

It's a cable... just a cable. It's designed to fit per its specifications, which means that you'd have to actually do a little research ahead of time to see if it'd be an appropriate fit for the sockets involved, length required, and angle of the HDD within the case (though this last point is minor, as I'll explain).



Yes, I had to turn it at an angle which I ordinarily wouldn't be accustomed to doing so whilst installing a new HDD and cable (which is what some other posters mentioned may occur). So, it's twisted around a little awkwardly, yet plugged in, and stays in place without an issue. I will state that I can see how it can easily slip out, so I could recommend a few twists to shorten it down and "tighten" its placement once plugged in. Slightly extra work and ingenuity (*cough*), but look at how little you've paid for the cable and the fact that you're likely installing it yourself!



It does the job perfectly: the data stream is consistent, the product works as expected, I will import it into the next system I'm building, and I was moreover again quite shocked at just how cheap it was for its length (which is more than ample in most cases, literally).

I ordered this cable set along with a new hard drive for a new Windows 7 installation. The system experienced odd, intermittent problems that led to several months of troubleshooting the drive and the operating system. But it was actually a bad cable all along. I eventually had eliminated all potential drive or software issues, and was left only with the possibility of a bad cable. I put a new cable set of a different brand in, and have not had a problem since. I threw this bad cable set away.

When I bought my new internal hard drive (bare drive), I didn't realize my desktop machine, which I knew supports SATA, didn't come with the connecting cable (I hadn't looked inside recently). I ordered this cable because it was reasonably priced. It arrived in a few days; works just fine. (It DID take some tweaking of BIOS; formatting; reinstalling my system... to get it all working.)

These cables do exactly what you would expect them to do. Connections are fine, the locking mechanism is firm and secure. They fit perfectly with my barebone SSD. The price of these cable makes it a good purchase. - Internal - Power Cables - Sata Cables - Sata'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information