Wednesday 29 June 2011

Universal Charger - verizon, universal charger


After reading so many complaints from people receiving non-OEM chargers I was a little hesitant to order this product. If I was only going to receive some cheap after market piece of junk I might as well head on over to eBay and buy a .01 charger there. When I went to add the product to the cart I realized that the default seller is not Amazon, but if you look at the other options Amazon does indeed sell this charger for about .35 more than the low bidder. I doubted that Amazon was going to send me the wrong thing so I went ahead and changed my order to pay .35 more for the Amazon one. Well, it just arrived (11am Saturday morning via UPS ordered Friday with Amazon Prime. Holy smokes what service!!) and it is indeed the Verizon Charger. It still has the $29.99 verizon store price tag on it! So long story short, buy it from Amazon and you will get the real deal. I feel badly for the honest 3rd party sellers that suffer from the misdeeds of the unscrupulous but this is one of those items that you just need to go with Amazon to insure you get what you are paying for. Verizon Vehicle Charger with USB Port

The picture on the Amazon sales page clearly shows the "VERIZON" logo and "VERIZON" branded package. The item as delivered has no logo or branding and was packaged in a clear plastic bag. I already had unbranded aftermarket chargers that would charge the phone so I feel cheated.

The picture on on the website shows the charger with a verizon logo, but i received one without a logo and the little plastic piece came unglued. Ships in a little plastic bag not in retail packaging. Hey you get what you pay for, just don't expect a charger with a verizon logo.

I normally don't write reviews, but this product got me irritated. Contrary to what the box says, it cannot charge 2 phones at the same time. The corded micro USB charged the battery just fine on my Droid Pro and my wife's Droid X, but when I tried to use the USB outlet with a Motorola OEM USB to micro USB cord, it would not charge. I made 2 returns to the Verizon store thinking it was a defective charger before one of the other sales reps overheard me complain and stated it does not have enough power to charge a phone, a bluetooth headset maybe, but not a phone. It even states on the charger's packaging that it will charge 2 phones at once! Maybe two dumb phones, but definitely does not have the juice for 2 smartphones. I returned it for a refund. I will not spend $23 on a product that only half works.

As many others have stated, I DID NOT receive the Verizon brand car charger as pictured in the advertisement. I ordered this item from The OEM Shop and received it within about 3 days, which was great. However, it was not a Verizon car charger in an unopened box, as some lucky folks received. It was a no-name charger in a plastic bag. The little plastic piece on top was hanging off and fell off as soon as it was taken out of the package.I didn't dare try charging my Droid Incredible with it, since it was literally falling apart. OEM shop responded promptly to my email, not with a proper replacement, but by telling me to "recycle" my damaged item and saying they will credit me in 3-5 days...clearly they didn't want the piece of junk either! (It's been almost a week and nothing yet). Luckily, I got a charger on CellPhoneShop.net for $11.00 (it says CMS as the brand?) and it has been working great.



**Update**I received a refund of my purchase price and Brian, from OEM was very nice. He called me and emailed me to offer a replacement device at no cost to me. He did advise me that they have NO VERIZON origianl charges but the ones they have "work just fine". I got the replacement promptly, but have yet to use it, as it is still the same as what I got originally, just minus the brokemn plastic piece. There is no info on the item whatsoever to identify who made it and where. Still using the one I got at CellPhoneShop with no problems at all.

I didn't order through Amazon. The charger I received was not a Verizon charger. It had a piece of black plastic that fell off where the Verizon logo should have been. I would have paid more to return it than it cost. After I submitted negative feedback the seller replaced it with a Motorola charger and refunded my money. I have to give them credit for good customer service.

The item is NOT branded and the plastic piece where the company logo should be is not secured in any way, shape or form. It works but it is not the item as pictured. Its a cheap off-brand charger so buyer beware.

Simply put, this device was defective right out of the box. Did not work once. Do not be seduced by the low price, you will still end up having to buy a more expensive charger to replace this one. Save yourself the trouble, do not buy this charger! - Car Chargers - Usb - Universal Charger - Verizon'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


universal charger Universal Charger - verizon, universal charger