Wednesday 29 June 2011

Picture Hanging Materials


I was delighted when I found this product having just moved w/ freshly painted walls. I followed the instructions to the letter and all was great for 1 month then my pictures began to fall off the walls. Nothing I hung was over the recommended weights. Out of 15 different wall hangings 8 have fallen off the wall. In the process the glass shattered on three of the frames, two decorative plates were broken beyond repair and my new hard wood floors were damaged and the paint on the walls has been chipped. It is going to be a rather expensive to pay for all the damage caused by this product not performing as advertised. My advice DO NOT PURCHASE. Command 17203 Small and Medium Picture Hanging Strips, 4 Small 8 Medium Sets of Strips

I used the strips and the picture fell off the wall and the glass broke. Another picture was up for 6 weeks, then with a little hot weather the picture fell off the wall. I used more strips than recommended for the weight of the picture. The only good thing was that they came off the wall fine. Can't believe the cost for something that doesn't work consistently. Would not take a chance with hanging anything of value.

These little strips are the coolest and easiest way to hang a picture that weighs 10 lbs or less. They go on easy, and are invisible to the eye. But the BEST part is that your picture will never shift and be crooked again...the plastic velcro-like loops hold the picture firmly in place (I always use one at the bottom) and you can slightly reposition them without having to move a nail, etc...just shift them around on the velcro-like pads. And finally, when I may want to change the picture or move it someplace else, I'll be able to remove the strips from the wall without damaging the paint, leaving a hole, etc. It doesn't get much better than that! Awesome product!

I WISH I could give this a good review because that would mean I would have spent my money wisely, alas, that is not the case. As stated by others, I followed the directions exactly and even added MORE strips than needed to no avail... Due to humidity, the strips lasted about 4 days. I was temped to add more strips because I so want it to work, but, if I did, I'd just be a fool and COMMAND Brand would be laughing all the way to the bank!!!



I care, so please, save your money and bite the bullet and hang your things the old fashion way :(

I too am unhappy with the 3m velcro strips. With thick plaster walls we thought this was the answer to our framed print needs however after following all directions correctly, and being initially thrilled with how nice everything looked, nearly one month to do the day that I hung them they started falling from the wall. First, my largest frame fell and the next day another fell. Both frames were cracked and glass broken. Even a small child's frame that weighs less than 1/2 pound suddenly fell from the wall last night. After reading the reviews and realizing that I am not the only one that has had problems with these strips I thought I would share my experience as well.



I will NOT trust my frames to these strips ever again and think that 3M should refund the cost of damaged frames/walls and floors from falling items.

I hung several pictures with these. Two fell off the wall. Shattered one expensive frame which landed on a desk that is now all scratched up. Will never use them again.

Applied them as directed, even used more than needed. I think is must be the humidity. Don't get your hopes up on this prodcut. Might work for posters but, not reliable for anything else.

We used these because we have an older house with plaster walls that are a pain to get secure holes in, and a bigger pain to patch. A 7.2 earthquake hit about 100 miles out, so when the shaking reached us, I'd guestimate it was probably at about a 6. Not a single picture fell. Need I say more?

I was very excited about this product because putting holes in my brand new condo walls just did not appeal to me. However, after following the directions EXACTLY and waiting 10 hours before attempting to hang my 3 pound picture, my picture came crashing to the ground, taking this 3M product and a piece of my premium wall paint with it. I've tried rehanging with this product 3 times now, and got the same result. Although I avoided adding a miniscule hole to my wall, I have instead a chunk of paint missing from my wall and a scratch on the floor where the picture landed. Maybe it's the type of paint on my wall that made it incompatible with the product, however, I didn't see anything about this in the instructions. I will not be buying this product again. I'm going back to old-fashioned nails.

These are awesome. In 1 hour I hung 45 pictures on my stairway and created a mural of family memories. I was astonished at how easy it was to use this product. All my frames were lightweight frames but with the proper requirements per weight according to the package I can see it working on heavier frames. It was easy to reposition when necessary and the only tool I found I needed was a level.I would highly recommend this product!!!!

I thought I'd take a moment to share my displeasure with your Command medium picture hanging strips. Following the directions to the letter, the picture frames stayed on the wall no longer than 10 hours. They are expensive and a waste of time and money. I thought this would be the answer to not having holes all over the walls, but instead they are making it necessary to hang pictures twice and now I'm out far too much money. Back to the drawing boards, 3M, this product sucks.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Picture Hanging Materials Picture Hanging Materials Picture Hanging Materials