Saturday 11 June 2011

Teen Vitamin


I wish I could review this effectiveness of this vitamin, but they will never be taken at our house. Completely wasted money, so in the interest of giving others a heads up - The pills are one inch long ( yep, my daughter measured them) and you have to take THREE. I kept getting push back from my teens about how big they were, so tried to take one myself. They are huge and just gritty enough that they don't go down easily.



Off to find a one serving vitamin or at least one that is easier to swallow...:) Rainbow Light Active Health Teen Multivitamin Food Based Tablets 90 tablets

This is a very good vitamin. I've looked it up on several vitamin research lab websites to make sure the contents are what they say they are. My son has a hard time with digesting most vitamins and this one is not a problem. Since it has digestive enzymes, he takes them after having a few bites of food and makes sure to take them with meals. He's been taking them for quite a while and this winter, he has had less illnesses than he usually does. We do eat well, but he seems to burn off the vitamins faster than I can get food into him! I'm not sure about the "acne clearing" components, but his face is less broken out (but this was never a huge problem with him, just small break outs). The nice part about Rainbow Light vitamins are they are food based, gluten free, with no sugars or any junk! Our doctor recommended these as they are what he and his family take.

This multi vitamin has done wonders for my son's skin. No matter how much he cleaned his face he still had breakouts. After using Active Health Teen his face is really clear.These vitamins have herbs that help clear teen skin problems. I'll be ordering these monthly from now on.

Yes, they are large. Still, my 12 year old son (who is an expert on complaining) takes them faithfully. A spoonful (cupful?) of chocolate soymilk or fruit juice seems to help the medicine go down pretty easily;) Vitamin-wise, this is one of the most complete I've found and we feel like it does a great job of squaring his sometimes junky pre-teen diet.

Have both our teenagers on these vitamins for the obvious nutritional benefits. Our 16 year old saw a real difference in reduced acne after about two weeks on the vitamins and continues to take them with success.

I got these for my teenage daughter, but they are pretty big and she has a hard time swallowing them. They should make them smaller for teens. I wish I could say more about how they work, but she hasn't been taking them regularly to know much.

UPDATE:

So my 19 year old daughter came home from college and she could handle the size of these- she has the worst acne of all my children, and it has cleared up after she started taking these! She has always struggled with trying to get rid of her acne! She only takes 2 a day- one in am and in pm. Very happy with them and her skin looks great other than the scars/blemishes we are working on healing from when she had her acne! Only gave 4 stars as I think some younger youth might not be able to swallow them.

I have been buying these vitamins for my teenage daughter for almost a year now, all of the brands I bought at the drug stores or Wal-Mart/Target upset her stomach. These vitamins have never upset her stomach.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Teen Vitamin Teen Vitamin Teen Vitamin