Friday 13 May 2011

Ti-84 Plus Silver Edition - ti-84 plus silver edition, texas instruments


I have owned the TI 82 and TI 83S Silver Plus before this. TheTI 84 is another wonderful product from Texas Instruments for the student in high School or College student. Any complaints about speed is irrelevant. I personally found the TI 84 very easy to read, fast, nice case-I like it better the TI 83 Silver case-and it included some programs that were not on the TI 83. It is supposed to have other stuff that the TI 83 did not have but I did not notice this. This is because I bought it to assist me in Algebra, trig and etc. For the money it is a great investment and a very useful tool. I will say that one area I noticed a great difference in was viewing the window. For me, (and I wear bi-focals) the TI 84 was noticeable in its clearer image and etc. Hope this is helpfu. -Dave Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Silver Edition Graphing Calculator

Got this for my son to replace a lost TI-83plus.



Some nice improvements but a much better value to get the standard edition instead of the silver edition. Silver addition provides a few additional preloaded programs and is great if you are not price sensitive.



Retailers are very competitive with the standard edition and are not discounting the silver edition as heavily.



I wasn't price sensitive so I dropped some additional cash for a slightly better product.



Recommendation: If you want bang for the buck, stick with the standard edition. If price doesn't matter, the silver edition does the trick

The TI-84 Plus Silver Edition is a powerful calculator with almost every function that one could desire, a powerful programming environment, and a well-organized keyboard.



On the other hand, the calculator-computer interface is slow and the PC software is limited and poorly documented. One can transfer programs from the calculator to the computer or vice versa, but this capability is not documented in the user manual. I would like to be able to edit a calculator program on the computer, but it appears that this is not possible.



I also have one complaint with the programming environment-- There should be a "break" or "done" command to exit from a loop without using a goto.



Based on my current knowledge, I would rate this product at 4 stars rather than 3 (Amazon does not permit me to change this).



Dr. Phillip M. Feldman

As a math teacher, I LOVE this calculator better than any of the other graphing calculators and would recommend it as a great high school or college calculator. It has the capability of any other calculator (even the advanced stuff if you want to take the time to learn how). The basic stuff is EASY to get to and quite user friendly. You can use it on the ACT and SAT (and the AP calculus exam) with no problems. I have also used and taught with the TI-82, TI-83, TI-92, and some of the HP calculators (I really struggle with the HP notation), but this calculator is far and away the very best one!

This is a great tool. It is complicated and I highly recommend getting the two "Dummies" Guides. But, when you learn how to use it, this is an amazing tool. I really liked the Study Cards, and use this feature often to create new stacks. Used this for Algebra II and Chemistry, and it was the most important study tool for Chemistry. The TI website offeres quite a few excellent study stacks, and creating your own is pretty easy. Bummer that the TI-83 doesn't have a USB port, so that version cannot download new programs. On the TI website there are a lot of "manuals" in PDF form. From what I understand, this calculator is allowed in most testing scenarios, where the Titanium is banned. Spend the extra money and get the TI-84 silver plus!

I bought this one after my 83+ Silver decided to stop working and I use it in my AP Calculus BC and AP Physics C classes. It is very useful if you know how to use it. It does advanced things like definite integrals or derivative graphs. PolySimult is a high schoolers best friend: it factors any polynomial. The key commands for these advanced features can be somewhat specialized but my teacher teaches how to use them in class and once you know it you will love the calculator even more. In short it has a LOT to offer, you just have to figure it out. Try pushing random buttons and see what happens and maybe you'll discover a cool new function.

I am 13 years old and already have the TI 84 silver Edition Graphing Calculator because I am in accelerated math. It is a great calculator and is very user friendly even to a 13 year old. There are so many applications on this calculator besides a ton a math things including a couple fun games, a periodic table good for advanced sciences, you can make study cards, type access the calculator with your computer, download games and little pictures for your start up screen, have a daily calender, organizer and know the date and time, you can do a plethora of things of on this fantastic piece of machinery. When you first get this calculator before using it I recommend you skim through the owners manual which is extremly helpful. Some things are a bit complicated but ones you get it everything is reliable and not prone to goofing up. The batteries last a long time too. I have had it and used it almost everyday in math class since the beginning of school. This calculator is so cool, and works well plus if you don't like the the cream or grey color you can get snap plates and stickers to cover it made specially by Texas Insturments. Mine came in pink, I know someone with blue and orange and blue and green snaplates,it is so snazzy and can be a fun fashion statement too. Many teachers recommend this calculator more then others because of the memory, the easy access, and the good applications and graphing for many classes, not just math. The ergonomics a great to, it doesn't just look like box and is not two heavy and has an impact resistent case so if you drop it just relax! I highly recommend this tool, it works and functions well, and I am only 13! - Calculator - Ti-84 Plus Silver Edition - Texas Instruments - Mathematics'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Ti-84 Plus Silver Edition - ti-84 plus silver edition, texas instruments mathematics Ti-84 Plus Silver Edition - ti-84 plus silver edition, texas instruments