Friday 13 May 2011

Ipad Case


It protects my 12" screen laptop computer. It fills up much of the case. A 13" inch screen may fit, depending on the outside computer case dimensions. Don't think a 14" screen will fit, but I have not tried.



I put it in a soft shoulder bag which I sometimes put in the overhead bin on a plane. It protects the computer from getting squished when things get shoved around to accommodate more bags. Or, when I am last one on and have to shove my bag, with the case, into a small space. It has had a couple of accidental falls to the floor with my computer inside -- no problems.



It is a smooth surface case with nothing to get snagged so it slips easily into and out of a bag. No handles or rings for straps. Part of the smoothness is from the smooth latch, which the manufacturer describes as "easy open" or something like that. To me, it is difficult to open. It takes two hands to open and you have to push hard against the thin edge of the metal latch. Not a graceful process taking it out for airport security. Also, my latch is now squeaking loudly whenever opening or closing it. On normal hardware I would use some WD-40 but I see no way to oil this latch without getting oil where I don't want it to go.



So, while I have some complaints, it does the job for me. Pelican Hardback Computer Case with Foam - Black (1080-000-110)

Great Case, Finally i can throw my laptop in the back of my truck or in my backpack and not worry about what might happen to it... only thing i do recommend to do is to check if your case is really water tight, the first one i bought was not and i had to return it and get a new one - this one works perfect!!! Pelican did a great job again - as always.

My aluminum 13.3 inch macbook was literally bent...along the hard drive line. This case would have prevented my $1300 loss had I had the mac in it. I had to bite the bullet and get another...this time it is a mac pro but still the 13.3 inch. This pelican case with the pick-n-pluck works very well. I will not put myself in a position again to have my aluminum cased mac crushed. I rate it four stars simply because it doesn't appear to be completely sealed along the sides, however I did not purchase the case for dust protection, I purchased it for crush protection. For everyone wondering..this case DOES fit the new aluminum macbook pro 13.3 inch. I cannot speak for the polycarbonate cased macbook. Here's what I did: I left the top egg crate padding in tact. I left the bottom padding in place. I cut a rectangle in the pick n pluck that would fit the mac pro. If you leave the front and back border as is and cut about 2mm of foam on the sides it WILL fit with padding on all sides. I used regular gorilla glue to glue the cut out rectangle permanently in place. It is a snug fit and the $1200 investment is padded on all four sides, albeit minimal padding on the two sides. Gorilla epoxy should work as well but is not water proof. Hope this helps.

bought for an eeepc 900. the laptop just barely fits. the case is about 3mm too skinny for an eepc to fit comfortably. That said if you have a slimmer laptop the case is great. I am using it to keep my eeepc in while sailing. It is nice to know while rowing ashore to find an internet cafe that my laptop is safe from water'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information