Thursday 12 May 2011

Power Adaptor Us To Uk - power plug adapter, travel


I bought 10 of these because I was moving to Europe. After using them (rather trying to use them), I've thrown them all out. They were simply too dangerous and too useless to keep around. As other reviewers note, they are not the adapters shown in the picture. As other reviewers also note, the plugs fall out easily (not from the UK side, but from the US side). To start, a non-grounded plug will not stay in under any circumstance. Because of the design of the plug (again, not shown), a non-grounded plug will fall right out. In fact, there's a spring mechanism on the contacts that actually works to push a non-grounded plug out. Grounded plugs work better, but the connection is still quite loose. I threw the first one out after a cord that was plugged into it was moved a bit and something inside of it must have shorted, causing it to throw a breaker. I threw the rest of them out when another one shorted and threw a breaker again. Stay away! Power Bright PB-12 US to UK 3-Prong Travel Outlet Plug Adapter

I ordered this product because I needed a polarized UK plug adapter. I was charged 7.25 for shipping but the plugs only cost 1.85 to ship to me, which is a total ripoff. Even worse, when I attempted to plug anything into the adapters it fell right out! Nothing will stay plugged into them, so they aren't even usable. They are not the plugs pictured here, they are much cheaper and don't work. Don't bother buying these adapters.

This review does not concern the product quality, rather the initial supplier Osprey Talon, who will charge approx 7$ in shipping per .95 cent adaptor. When selected the "buy new and used" link one will find 2 alternative suppliers with reasonable shipping charges.



Again, please be careful when ordering this product.

After reading reviews about plugs falling out of the adapter, we decided to buy just one and see for ourselves. My wife is a flight attendant who travels to London multiple times a month. She used it on her last trip with no problems. The US plug stayed in the adapter and the adapter stayed in the UK receptacle. I have no idea if she was lucky or they have improved their product recently but we just ordered five more for friends and relatives attending our son's wedding in the UK this summer.

I received this item right before I left to study abroad in the UK, and it doesn't work at all. I have tried every single outlet for it and when plugging in the US plug into the adaptor, it does not stay in. I was highly disappointed. If it wasn't for the fact I received a different one as a gift, I would be out of luck or have to buy one here. Which is really expensive.

Recently purchased this for a trip to St. Lucia. Used it for charging my cell phone and it worked really well. I was pleasantly surprised since I only paid about $3 or $4 for it and thankfully, it came in the day before my trip.

The adapter kept falling out of the wall plug. We had to prop something up against it and it still kept falling out. It works, but it is a pain. My husband literally had to hold it in the wall so that I could blow dry my hair. Please also realize that you must have a dual voltage appliance (hair dryer, etc.) because this is not a converter. Dual voltage hair dryers, straiteners, etc. are easy to find at Walmart, etc. Also, most computers and phone chargers are 120/240 so they are not a problem. Good luck!

Bought this. Went to the UK. Plugged it in. It worked for about an hour. Imagine how much it sucks to NEED a plug converter for your camera battery charger when you're 5 thousand miles from home, in a foreign country, and spent hard-earned money on this thing. EXACTLY. Buy the Targus converter/adapter instead. It just works, and that's what you'll need - something that just works -not sucks. - Power Adapter - Electrical - Travel - Power Plug Adapter'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Power Adaptor Us To Uk - power plug adapter, travel power adapter Power Adaptor Us To Uk - power plug adapter, travel