Thursday 12 May 2011

Kindle 3


This product is very good. It doesn't like most of the screen protectors sold on Amazon which are clear. It's matte, thus no glare at all even in bright sunshine. Hope the seller can sell the screen protector by piece in stead of a pack of 3. GreatShield Ultra Anti-Glare (Matte) Clear Screen Protector Film for Amazon Kindle 3G 3rd Generation (3 Pack)

I was excited that the item truly does leave the screen more or less anti-glare. I have read my Kindle outside in the sun and didn't notice any more glare than say sunlight off the pages of a book.



I wish the protector fit the screen better, it's about an 1/8 - 1/4 of inch too small on both the length and the width. I had to decide which part of my screen I wanted to leave unprotected.



Also, as with any screen protector, I'm glad there were 3 and I think I may need to order another pack. In trying to finagle the protector to lay sort of centered on the screen, I managed to get a piece of dust stuck each time. I do live with cats, and not in a hermetically sealed bubble, so dust is an eventuality, but I think next time I will just have to try moving slowly with the protector to not pick up dust in the air.



This review would have been 5 stars if the protector was cut closer to the actual screen size. I think that would have also helped my application of the protector and I wouldn't have ended up getting dust trapped.

if you want something that doesnt have the glare like most of the ones on here this is defently the set for you. i was surprised at how they look against the kindle screen. i would have thought it would still be glossy but defently not. these look just like the screen except the air bubble i have under my protector that i havent done anything with yet. i am bummed that it doesnt fit the whole screen but it covers majority of it and that's all that i guess really matters to me. i am really impressed by these and defently will buy these again if i need to get more. for me it was well worth the money spent.

I have been leery of many screen protectors and from the reviews written by my fellow amazon reviewers. The beauty of the product is its simplicity of design and quality. There is a little blue cloth to wipe down your screen, then the screen protector is wedged between plastic sheet 1 and 2: peel and one side will have slight, ever so slight stickiness... Then roll slowly over the screen and use the little brown plastic tab to push the air bubbles out. Yep, there is a slight mm gap, but hell you are going to need that to peel it off eventually! It is part of the design and not a fault in the design! I am totally okay with the tiniest bubbles on a few of the corners as it does not affect the print. Yep, I am super glad that I got this screen protector (from dirt and not from too much pressure applying on it!). The anti glare factor, yes, noticed when led lights fall on it, it is much more matted, not that the kindle itself doesnt do a great job in the antiglare department. Well worth this non too expensive accessory.

1) There is no info on the Great Shield package about a manufacturer if you want to contact them, so I assume it is made for Amazon.



2) The instructions on the package are basically impossible to read for older folks because of font size, even with bifocals. There seems to be plenty of room on the package to make the font larger, and I suggest that they do so.



3) The instructions say to use the "installation card" provided to smooth out bubbles. There was no such item in the package. The wipe cloth was provided.'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information