Sunday 29 May 2011

Green Housecleaning - green housecleaning, household hints


I am very impressed with the amount of great cleaning tips in this book! I would have given 5 stars, but I honestly cannot understand why every item he says to use is a brand name product. Does it really matter if you use a "Conair 1875 Watt Hair Dryer" when removing a bumper sticker? Um, no I think not. And literally EVERY SINGLE tip names specific brands, which I guarantee 9 out of 10 times makes no difference what-so-ever. Who knows...Maybe he got a kickback from the companies he mentions. Regardless, great book I would definitely recommend to anyone who hates cleaning as I do. Joey Green's Cleaning Magic: 2,336 Ingenious Cleanups Using Brand-Name Products

I teach Consumerism to middle school students and they were fascinated with Cleaning Magic. They found great ways to save money and get things clean. They gave it an A+ after factoring the savings into their household monthly budget project.

This book would go in the category of 'teaching a new dog old tricks'. For readers who are new to the world of DIY the book may be more useful than it was for me. I bought the book because I thought (based on the advertisement) it would help me remove latex paint from wood trim in my old house. I did not find the help I needed. The biggest use for the book, for me, is that it is a central storage point for all the tips about cleaning that I've heard over the years.

Many times I have read Joey Green's helpful hints in a grocery store insert and have torn them all out to keep and use. Having this book has put them all in one place and has made it much easier to find just the hint that I was looking for. It is great to be able to use everyday products that we all have in our homes.

The book was a very good price and was shipped promptly.

This book has lots of surprising tips. Some of them are genious. I had gotten lint all over a black top that I was going to wear in an hour. I followed the tip and it was like magic. He does use bounce a lot throughout the book. Who knew there were so many easy fixes for so many daily problems. Hats off to you, Joey. - Green Housecleaning - Home Remedies - Household Hints'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Green Housecleaning - green housecleaning, household hints green housecleaning Green Housecleaning - green housecleaning, household hints