Sunday 29 May 2011

Desktop Staplers - electric, stanley bostitch


This is my second Stanley Bostitch power stapler. I've taken a lot of ribbing from my co-workers about not using a regular stapler, but they are not the ones doing all of the paperwork for the company and the ability to staple one handed is invaluable. My first stapler was a 2-20 page unit that has worked well for years. I decided to upgrade and take the first unit home so I can do work at home more effectively too.



The new unit is very powerful, about as loud as the first one (which I actually like, I like to know something has been STAPLED and not gently caressed with a piece of metal which may or may not have actually bonded the pages together). In fact, it is so powerful, if I only have 2 sheets to staple my 1/4" staples tend to punch right through the first page almost entirely! I talked to tech support who mentioned in their delightful Massachusetts accent that I should use 3/8" staples for less than 20 pages and 1/4" for 20-40 pages. Not wanting to have to switch staples whenever I use the unit, I stuck with the original 1/4" staples. Face it, I'm lazy, that's why I got a power stapler to begin with. <grin>. Other than the over penetration issue with a mere 2 pages (and not enough to badly affect how the staple holds the paper), an excellent unit. Stanley Bostitch Impulse Heavy Duty B8 Electric Stapler Value Pack with 5000 B8 PowerCrown Staples, 45 Sheet Capacity, Black/Gray (B8E-VALUE)

I bought this stapler for my home office. I often work until 1 AM here. The problem is that our bird room is next door and they're sleeping ( could be your kids too ) and this thing is pretty loud. It sounds like a hammering sound when you use it. I didn't know that these could be this loud, I'd seen someone else using an electric before and it was very quiet, so I just assumed they all were. Not true apparently. But it works fine, so if it doesn't matter, for example if you're in a regular 9-5 office, this could even help you sound busy and industrious, I suppose. I just wouldn't recommend it for a home office where you work late at night and someone may be sleeping nearby.

We bought this primarily for light but frequent stapling work in a small office. It staples great but, as one other reviewer pointed out, it's noisy. One benefit, you sure know when it's stapled the papers! It not only saves your hands and wrist when you have a lot of papers to staple, it gives them a professional look. (manual staplers curve the back of the staple and automatic staplers fold flat against the paper.) We have only been using it about a month so no feedback on longevity - no jams so far after about 700 staples.

I purchased this stapler a couple of months ago and use it nearly every day. It's used with the 1/4" staples and they hold two to thirty plus pages. Staples well with thick bond and thin newsprint papers. I recommend this for general purpose stapling.

This is a nice and resonably priced electric stapler. I do have two complaints one it is a little louder then I was hoping and the trigger for the staple is to the right of the actual staple punch which makes it vertually imposiable to staple the corner of a sheet at 45%! Other then that I am very happy with this product.

FIrst take note, this is not a regular stapler, it is a high capacity stapler. It takes special staples (in one of two different lengths), and you will need to buy these as well. I got both the 1/2 and 3/8' inch staples, and use the 3/8' most of the time.



Secondly, this is a POWERFUL stapler. Don't use it on just a few sheets of paper (less than 8 or so) or will tear right through through them. That's a job for a Swingline 747 Black Classic Desk Stapler (S7074701R) instead. Have one handy for the little jobs.



I am a teacher and the amount of paperwork I have to deal with is ridiculous. This little stapler has saved my wrist and my sanity. And it will quite happily punch a 3/8' inch staple through anything you can stuff into its maw, even it it is way more than 45 sheets. I only rarely need to borrow the Swingline Deluxe Heavy Duty Stapler (S7039005R) from the office now that I have this stapler.

Excellent product, just needs specialty stapler pins.

Also, Amazon.com allows you to buy only 10 boxes of these stapler pins.

I had to buy 52 weeks supply in 1 order from Staples.com.

Poor Amazon, you lost out on an order of $242.00 of pins. - Electric - Desktop Staplers - Stanley Bostitch - Electric Stapler'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Desktop Staplers - electric, stanley bostitch electric stapler Desktop Staplers - electric, stanley bostitch