Thursday 19 May 2011

Boxwave Corporation - cover, case


When I first opened the box I was a little disappointed...I thought the cover would be thicker leather and plusher for added protection. However, now that I have had it for over a month I really like it. It provides good protection without adding too much bulk. The texture of the leather is nice because it will be less likely to show scratches. The quality of the leather is nice and I find it to be as good, if not better, than the covers Barnes & Noble sells - and at a more reasonable price!



When I have it open and am reading I fold the front cover completely back and fold the magnetic tab inward to close it. This makes it very easy to hold in the hand and I like being able to avoid having the tab hanging off the side (like the picture shows). I deducted a star because the elasticized bands which hold the Nook color in the case are positioned in such a way that when I first got it the one on the right was so tight that it kept pushing the volume button up and down. I gently stretched it and with use it has been fine since.



Overall, I would recommend this item and would definitely purchase it again. Happy reading! Pyrus Electronics 100% Real Leather Folio Case for Barnes and Noble NOOKcolor Nook Color eBook Reader

I really like this cover. It looks very professional and classy. The leather seems to be of a good quality and comparable to the ones they sell at B&N in the store for twice as much.



The annoying part are the elastics on the top left and right corners that hold the Nook. They keep pushing down the power button and volume buttons. I find myself having to untie them and leave the Nook loose from the top two corners. I am also worried that they could damage the buttons long-term and possibly the device. It's very badly engineered in this sense.



I would really spend more money and get the comparable one without this issue. I would likely not buy this product again because of this. I'm trying to lax the elastic and hoping that with time they will be better. but for now, it's been very annoying and impractical. It gets 4 stars for the look and feel, and 0 stars for its practicality... and average of 2 stars.

The Pyrus case for the Nook Color looks beautiful. It's made out of good quality leather and "feels" right.

The Nook Color attaches via four elastic straps, one at each corner. The screen cover features a few slots to hold cards or notes. The folio closes with a magnetic clasp.

This case protects the Nook well and looks great doing it. I have one minor gripe, which is that the elastic holders in the top left and right corners tend to push on the power and volume buttons if you're not careful, but this is not a very big deal.

I've looked at other cases for the Nook Color and this one is definitely my favorite. It's inexpensive, looks very posh and protects the Nook well. Recommended.

I have been using this case for over a week and I love it. For the price it is the best I found and it provides alot of protection. I also bought a black neoprene case for the nook that I use with this. I tend to be pretty rough on my electronics so I like as much protection as possible. I recommend this to anyone who wants a great case for a great price.

With this case, it is just like reading a traditional book with fancy hard cover. I just love the feel of the leather in my hand. The design is very simple. Nothing gets in the way or blocks the screen. I also love the pockets where I can put a credit card so that I can go to Starbucks without carrying a wallet and still have the nook to read. Great buy.

I should have followed other reviewers advice regarding the design. Do not purchase,this case causes nothing but problems due to those elastic corners. The elastic forces the power button on my nook to depress ,shutting it off and keeping the button depressed. I cannot use this cover as it will damage the power button. The quality of the leather is great for the price,however a moot point if it renders your expensive nook color unuable and could possibly void the warranty.

This holder is of a particularly poor design. The straps designed to hold the unit in place are placed directly over the power and Volume buttons located on the sides. the Elastic straps constantly change the volume settings. the back muffles the speaker so that music and Pandora are truly only useful when used wit either headphones or speakers. The side pockets are a nice addition, but overall construction seems flimsy, and leaves one with the feeling that this was not designed as a protective holder, and is mainly for aesthetic value only. I would not recomend this cover to any future perspective buyers.

The price was decent on this cover and I love the fact that it has cardholders on the side. It has a nice, firm leather outer casing and overall, I love the case. However, I ended up returning it because of a small flaw that I couldn't overcome: The straps that hold it in cover the power and volume buttons on the top. You can still press the buttons through the straps, but it becomes difficult and awkward.



Granted, as a reading device, you won't use those buttons all too frequently, but I use my Nook Color as a full android tablet device, so I found myself constantly trying to access the buttons.



If they could modify the design to make it more like the B&N made covers, this would be an awesome buy. - Case - Boxwave Corporation - Covers - Cover'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Boxwave Corporation - cover, case case Boxwave Corporation - cover, case