Thursday 19 May 2011

Automatic Watches


I have owned this watch for approximately six months and absolutely love it! I have received a number of compliments on the appearance and it wears very well on the wrist. My favorite aspects are the color of the watch with the leather band and the deployment clasp. It is very well made and keeps fantastic time. It does not hold the cache of an Omega or Rolex, but it does not have the price either. I plan on keeping this watch for a long time. Bulova Men's 96A108 Automatic Mechanical Strap Brown Dial Watch

Although I had some problem to start up the watch, but eventually I got over the problem. What happened was I followed the instruction of the paper and 'manually' winded the watch 5-6 times, and realise the energy stored didn't even last for 2 hours. However, after some googlings, I decided to wind it for one minute long and it's working perfectly fine now. If you wanna see the watch in action, you can youtube it here.. [...]

This watch sets a delicate balance between style and functionality. I love the fact that this watch is casual enough to wear everyday, yet stylish enough to wear with a suit. The transparent back adds a nice touch to the look of the watch even if you can't see the back of the watch while your wearing it. Perhaps my favorite part about the watch is the clicking mechanism used to fasten the watch to your wrist. At first I was a bit skeptical, but once I figured out how it works I really liked it. The clip that fastens the watch to your wrist essentially does the same thing as the "clips" that metal watches have. Perhaps the only downside to the watch is that if you don't wear it frequently the watch will stop keeping time since there is no battery(the watch is powered by the natural movement of your hand). But, Amazon does have some automatic winders for cheap that can keep the watch from "dying".

Beautiful looking watch that looks great with both a suit or a casual night out in a pair of jeans. It sits comfortably on the wrist.



The exhibition back is just brilliant exposing all the inner workings and the jewels but the exposure on the front adds the perfect finishing touch.



The brilliance of the leather and the richness of colour in the face of the watch is accentuated that much more with the white hands.



A great buy for the price.

This is a great watch. It looks great, feels good, great band, and sweeping movement. You would think is a $1000.00 SWISS watch, but its made in the USA.

With this on your wrist, you will look like you have status, great taste, and make a good living! You won't regret this.

I couldn't be happier with this one. I'd have to say even at retail price it has great value. I was back & forth on it until I actually saw it in the store, it is brilliant in person!! Excluding the crown this is a 42 mm case diameter, including the crown the polished stainless steel case is right at 45mm. The description of 41mm was part of my initial hesitation. Leather strap is very nice (almost too dressy) but casual enough for me. Dial is beautiful with the balance wheel window at 7 o'clock. Pretty smooth sweep of second hand, exhibition case back & deployment clasp there's little to complain about.. Maybe missing a sapphire crystal?? But, not really a huge deal for those that go pretty easy on their watches and it also helps to keep the price down.



Overall, its hard to find one nicer at this price or even in the much more expensive ranges.

this watch looks great. I initially bought this to be worn at work but it is bit on the dressy but I don't care. it looks great and deployment buckle is a bonus. this can be worn at work or to go out.

I have owned and been wearing this watch for a month now. This time piece is absolutely amazing both in appearance and ability to keep flawless time. You put the watch up to your ear and unless there is absolute quite around you, you cant hear the watch ticking and this is a sign of a quality timepiece. As stated by others, the watch is practical for everyday wear or as a dress watch. the band (Calf Leather) is beautiful, stylish, and very comfortable. The only issue I have with the watch is that the bezel does not lock down which makes me uncomfortable about wearing it in water. (I have had it on while in the shower with no problems though.) I would definately buy other watches through Amazon and when I do it will again be Bulova. "Time Flies-Bulova Soars"

When it has came down to Bulova, they've made so many great watches, Bulova has known how to make some timeless watches. But there are ones that could've been much, much more for their effort. That is the case with their Automatic Brown Dial Strap. The watch isn't a bad one, but it can quickly slow down, and you'd have to wind it back up very quickly, each time you wear it. It isn't a bad watch, but honestly it doesn't last longer than the ones that Victronox Swiss Army have made so consitently. It isn't a bad buy, but honestly Bulova makes better quartz watches than they do with mechanicals. I would honestly suggest you pass this one up, and get another one for its price.



Price: C



Comfort: C+



Convience: C



Overall: C 1/2+'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information


Automatic Watches Automatic Watches Automatic Watches