Sunday 8 May 2011

Bicycle Accessories - affordable, elliptical


This elliptical trainer was another surprise for us (when you compare with other people's experiences). When we ordered it we were told it will take 4 to 6 weeks to arrive. The surprise: one week, good packaging again, nothing missing inside, no problem putting it together.

It works the way was meant to work. Good for average exercisers and has a seat to be used as a bicycle. Listed on Amazon for a max of 220 lbs weight for a person, but the manual lists it for 250 lbs max, which is good for me. It is a good construction, no noise, no wobbling. Body Champ BRM3671 Cardio Dual Trainer

We bought the Body Champ "Cardio Dual Trainer" for use in our cramped basement and it works nicely for our needs, with the following observations:



Setup -

+ Took my son and I about 1.5 hours to build it from unpacking to plugging it in

+ All parts were included and clearly labeled

+ Although the instructions look daunting, they really were easy to follow

+ Included all of the tools required (screw driver and wrenches), but using a rubber mallet (on Step #3) and adjustable wrench sped the process along



Pros -

+ Versatile; use as a standing elliptical or sitting cycle

+ Effective; provides a good workout in both modes

+ Electronics; monitors heart rate, adjusts intensity, and provides "programed" workout

+ Small Size; takes up about as much space as a traditional stationary bike

+ Affordable; this is a fairly inexpensive choice for a good quality machine



Cons -

- Stride Length; I am 5' 10" and find the stride length a little shorter than would normally be natural

- Sturdiness; At 230lbs, I am on the larger side for this machine and find it does wobble a bit at higher intensities



Misc -

* My 5' 11" son has very long legs (34") and finds that the cycle mode is slightly uncomfortable to him, but is fine for me (30" legs)



This machine was a good choice for us since it has so many important features at a price that was somewhat lower than we expected to pay when first starting to shop for this type of equipment.



Recommended!



CFH

I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of this exercise machine since it only cost $265. It is super sturdy and very well made. Its weight is pretty heavy and is equivalant to any exercise machine you would use at a professional gym. Having the dual trainer as a bike and a stepper/walker takes up half the space of 2 separate machines. I highly recommend it!

This Body Champ BRM3671 Is perfect for workouts. Its very sturdy, quiet, assembly was simple and had great instructions. The size of this unit does not take up too much room and gives a great workout as a bike or stand-up run. Can't beat it for the price.

I bought this on an impulse buy since my girlfriend wanted to purchase an elliptical trainer and this had the best reviews for its price range, so it was the natural choice.



- Building time/difficulty: It took me approximately 1.5 hours to built with no help and it was very easy. All the pieces were in the box and instructions were fairly clear.



- Use: The machine is very easy to use. I've used it both as an elliptical trainer and an exercise bike and have no complaints. I actually didn't read the instructions on how to use it after I built it and had no problem figuring out how to set a program, find the calories burnt, etc.



- Cost: The cost of this machine is amazing for what you get. Everyone that has seen it complimented how good it looked for the price we paid for it.



- Quality: The machine is VERY sturdy, almost similar to an actual machine you would use in a gym. Some of the pieces are plastic but it's a very strong plastic.



With all that said I'm glad we purchased it. I actually put some Velcro below the screen part so I can attach my iPad whenever I'm working out and watch movies, listen to music, etc. I do not want to take any liability if you do this and your electronic device falls, I'm just saying that I did it and it's pretty fun (although not the safest thing to do).

Although my husband and I put this trainer together just yesterday, and I've only used it twice now, he used it only once, it is awesome! The directions were easy, but you MUST READ them, not just look at the diagrams, trust me!! Also, we were very pleasantly surprised to discover that all the nuts, bolts and screwdrivers were very secure in nice, organized labeled "kits" to better assist you! About 20 min. assembly.

It took me at least a full month of searching to find a machine small enough for my home (we are fulltime RVers), and one that is under $500. This is that dream realized!

The machine is easy to use, with the computer supplying the resistance. So far I am only using the first minimal resistance because I found that even the first pre-programmed mode was tough for me!! That makes this machine even better!

Using both the elliptical part as well as the bicycle part in conjunction with each other, I am getting a really good workout, but comfortable. After a few minutes of elliptical walking, I have to sit, so that's where the bicycle comes in play and I don't have to stop working out to rest. I simply bicycle for a few minutes and stand up for the elliptical!! Easy.

It is a great quality machine for the price, I do think it will last for the duration in which I require it, and I am so pleased I'm pink. Well, I'm off to try to work out some more on this wonderful piece of equipment. Hurry and get one for yourself and get moving! - Affordable - Home Fitness - Elliptical - Exercise Bike'


Detail Products
Detail Reviews
Click here for more information